Gmail password

This is a discussion on Gmail password within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Ok..here's the deal. I got this phone a couple of weeks ago and the VZW guy set up gmail on my phone. He didn't ask ...

Thread: Gmail password

Ok..here's the deal. I got this phone a couple of weeks ago and the VZW guy set up gmail on my phone. He didn't ask me what I wanted for a user name, he just created one using my name and some numbers. No biggie. I guess I'll just add it to my other emails. Ok..so fast forward a few days and I set up my google calendar with this email so it will sync to my phone. I don't actually use the gmail address...just the calendar associated with it. I have another calendar that I need to upload and I went to log into gmail on my computer and my password (or what I thought was my password) is not working. I tried and tried and tried and can't seem to get it. I followed the links for password reset and instead of giving me the option to reset it, it takes me to a page where I have to submit info about the account to have them review it. Great...this account really doesn't have any. I don't email with it. I put the limited info I had and sent it off. I got an email back saying they couldn't 'return the account to me' and to resubmit with more info.

My phone still has the password since I can send and recieve gmail and my calendar still syncs. Is there anyway I can get the password info changed through the phone or perhaps email the fine people at google with it to let them know that this IS in fact my google account so I can reset the password? Or am I doomed to hours/days/lifetime of password attemtps and capchas until I remember where my mind was when I created this password? *sigh*

Please tell me there is an easy solution here.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Panic session over. I remembered the password. I got a second email from google saying they couldn't return the account to me. I have since set up mobile SMS password recovery on my account and strongly suggest others do as well if you don't regularly use the gmail account associated with your phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links