Help...Force Close

This is a discussion on Help...Force Close within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I just downloaded launcher pro on to my Ally. Within 5 minutes it had a force close and continues to force close. I can't do ...

Thread: Help...Force Close

I just downloaded launcher pro on to my Ally. Within 5 minutes it had a force close and continues to force close. I can't do anything with my phone because it will not open up the home screen. I can't even go and uninstall it. What can I do to fix this that will not require losing everything? HELP!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by hikergirl View Post
    I just downloaded launcher pro on to my Ally. Within 5 minutes it had a force close and continues to force close. I can't do anything with my phone because it will not open up the home screen. I can't even go and uninstall it. What can I do to fix this that will not require losing everything? HELP!!!

Have you tried pulling the battery to see if we can get the Ally to settle down? If not, I'm not sure what to suggest as the next step. There isn't a way to restart the phone while Disabling add-on apps, as far as I'm aware. There is an update that is currently being 'pushed' out to all Allys which could help, if we can keep your Ally running long enough to get it... All Allys should be updated by Friday....

If you do have to reset, your contacts should be saved on your Gmail account and they will be restored, when you re-establish your Google account on your phone... All of your Apps are still available on the Android Market for free if you have purchased them... The content of your MicroSD card should be unaffected. The only real problems are the hassle of setting the phone up again and the time.

Anyone have a simpler solution?.

IMO the reset is the simpler solution in the long run.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links