connect with pc

This is a discussion on connect with pc within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; i have attempted to connect my ally with my pc. i've followed the instructions from the manual, however in my notifications/ window shade it doesn't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connect with pc

i have attempted to connect my ally with my pc. i've followed the instructions from the manual, however in my notifications/ window shade it doesn't say anything. so i can't choose the usb connections. so, now what?!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

If there is no notification, then you are not connected. Try a different USB port or USB cord. Also try it on another computer.
    Motorola Droid 4

thank u i tried that, but still no luck. is it possible i have something turned off in my phone that shouldn't be? if so where would i look for that?

There is no setting that I am aware of that will prevent the USB notification from showing.
    Motorola Droid 4

Ok I had the exact same problem. I called tech support and the guy I spoke with said that there is a setting that will prevent the usb notification from showing. He walked me through it and now the problem is fixed. He did say, however, that verizons database had no information whatsoever about this fix...he found it because he had the same prob with his phone. The fix is: from your home screen goto the settings menu, click on applications, click on development then make sure the box beside "usb debugging" in NOT checked. Then connect your usb cord to your computer and your problem should be fixed! It worked for me! Good luck and hope this helps!

Yeah, I thought of that option too and I even tried it. On my phone, it does not matter if this option is checked or not, I still get the USB connected notification.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by stephy_c View Post
    Ok I had the exact same problem. I called tech support and the guy I spoke with said that there is a setting that will prevent the usb notification from showing. He walked me through it and now the problem is fixed. He did say, however, that verizons database had no information whatsoever about this fix...he found it because he had the same prob with his phone. The fix is: from your home screen goto the settings menu, click on applications, click on development then make sure the box beside "usb debugging" in NOT checked. Then connect your usb cord to your computer and your problem should be fixed! It worked for me! Good luck and hope this helps!

stephy_c,

Thank you so much for posting this fix! It worked for me and I am now connecting to my computer.

Thanks again!!!!!

ok i am trying to tether with my ally using pdanet the computer is able to see my phone when the usb debugging is off but i need it on at the same time when i turn it on it disconnects me from the ally does any one now why this is happening im not sure if its the phone it self cuz i connected it to my wife laptop and it worked fine does any one have a clue or may be point me in the right direction

ok i finnaly fix the problem with not being able to read my phone while in debugging mode if any one needs this info here it is on how to it very simple go to lgforum.com then click on drivers and support go down to verizon and click on the first link that says drivers and install it easy as that

Quote Originally Posted by stephy_c View Post

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have tried for two days to connect to my pc, now i can. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads