contacts merged

This is a discussion on contacts merged within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hey.. I just got an Ally a few days ago, and its a pretty cool toy. I have been a Gmail user since the beta ...

Thread: contacts merged

Hey.. I just got an Ally a few days ago, and its a pretty cool toy. I have been a Gmail user since the beta days, and I've got a boatload of contacts over the years.. Many I don't need, don't know who they are, etc. Its too much to go through and try to organize. I also did the Verizon contact backup from my old phone. Now all my email contacts are partying with my cell phone contacts and its a real pain in the butt to call someone now. Instead of scrolling through a fairly short list, I now have this huge list to scroll through to find a number. Is there any way to separate these contact lists? I haven't been able to get the voice dialing to work yet, which would probably save a bit of time. Its particularly difficult to find a number while driving. I just found the thread to set shortcuts for phone dialing and I did that for the most used ones. I really don't need to see email addresses when I am trying to dial my phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Go to your contact's tab and:

Press the menu button.

Touch Display Option

Touch the check box for Only Contacts With Phones

Touch Done
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Go to your contact's tab and:

Press the menu button.

Touch Display Option

Touch the check box for Only Contacts With Phones

Touch Done

Awesome!.. thanks.

I'm not going to say a word about "particularly difficult to find a number while driving".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post
    I'm not going to say a word about "particularly difficult to find a number while driving".

No, but you want to. Don't you?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Minty View Post

Yeah, I know. I don't do it often.. My Dare was nice because I could just speak and it would dial. I haven't gotten the speech working if its available. For some reason it won't let me "install voice data".. I still have to figure that out.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links