Odd E-mail issue

This is a discussion on Odd E-mail issue within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Ever since the recent update, I have run into an odd, though fairly frustrating and nearly infuriating, issue with e-mail. When I go into my ...

Thread: Odd E-mail issue

Ever since the recent update, I have run into an odd, though fairly frustrating and nearly infuriating, issue with e-mail. When I go into my e-mail, it shows my box as it should. Then, if I open an e-mail or attempt to reply to an e-mail, it jumps back to the inbox in the middle of me typing the e-mail. In an effort to isolate the issue, I changed the sync frequency from Push to every 5 minutes to see if it did the same thing. It did, though it waited until the next scheduled sync to pull me back to the inbox. Thus, it seems as though every time that the phone does a sync it is pulling me out of whatever e-mail I am reading or replying to or composing, and into the inbox. On occasion it will send me all the way back to the home screen. I gotta say this is getting quite irritating indeed as I may be in the midst of typing and all of the sudden I lose everything that i just typed. Any ideas as to the cause/solution for this issue? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Ever since the recent update, I have run into an odd, though fairly frustrating and nearly infuriating, issue with e-mail. When I go into my e-mail, it shows my box as it should. Then, if I open an e-mail or attempt to reply to an e-mail, it jumps back to the inbox in the middle of me typing the e-mail. In an effort to isolate the issue, I changed the sync frequency from Push to every 5 minutes to see if it did the same thing. It did, though it waited until the next scheduled sync to pull me back to the inbox. Thus, it seems as though every time that the phone does a sync it is pulling me out of whatever e-mail I am reading or replying to or composing, and into the inbox. On occasion it will send me all the way back to the home screen. I gotta say this is getting quite irritating indeed as I may be in the midst of typing and all of the sudden I lose everything that i just typed. Any ideas as to the cause/solution for this issue? Thanks.

Sorry to hear this is happening... I believe the problem you are seeing is related to artifacts left over from Ver 8 ... My recommendation is to Master Reset the phone and then set up you Gmail account and next the Corp Sync app, just to keep the system generic for a minute... You should see improvements in the Email app's behavior. I know doing a master reset is a hassle, and I apologize, but I think it will save you some headaches in the long run...

Let me know how this turns out.

Well, after a hard reset and some reactivation woes with Verizon, it seems to be working again. Thanks goodness. Now if Yahoo could just get on the ball and either cooperate with the built in mail app or improve their stupid mail app, I would be doing great.

I'm having the email closing too in the middle of typing a reply. It's extremely frustrating. I brought the phone back to Verizon who did the master reset and I set everything back up again. Problem is still there. I finally deleted my AOL account becuase it never works and then my work email comes through an exchange server and continues to be a problem. I love the phone except for this issue...which is a huge one for me. Does anyone have suggestions?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links