Factory music player help

This is a discussion on Factory music player help within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; This is my first smartphone and needless to say im completely out of my element. Im uploading music off my computer to the factory installed ...

Thread: Factory music player help

This is my first smartphone and needless to say im completely out of my element. Im uploading music off my computer to the factory installed music player. Under the artist tab is says "unknown artist" It does give the name of all the songs under the songs tab just not the artist is there a way to change that? Also, is it possible to put a picture of the cd cover? Or should I just download a music player app (if so could you suggest one... a free one if possible)? thanks!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You'll find how to do edit Artist here in the forums. Basically you have to edit the file properties. The posting will tell you exactly where/how. Album thumbnails is a little more complicated but you will find that here too.

Someone even shared the name of a free app that will download album art. Sorry I don't remember what it is called.

A good free music player is 3 (cubed). It displays album art and will also find it for you if you don't have it. Very cool interface as well.

MixZing is free and will automatically download missing album art but it only downloads it for MixZing. In other words if MixZing adds missing album art, the stock player will still not see the album art.

As far as the artists showing as unknown, you need to edit the tag of the mp3 file. If you have a lot of music you may want to get your tags configured on your Pc then transfer the songs to your phone after. You can edit tags on your phone with various apps but its waaay easier to do it on your PC. MediaMonkey is a great app for editing MP3 tags on your PC. If you really want to edit the tags on your phone, itag is a good free app for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mycrimsondemise View Post
    Also, is it possible to put a picture of the cd cover?

I know this is an old thread but I just read on Verizon's site that the cover art had to be a JPG and named albumnart.jpg.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links