Ally Camera/Gallery question...

This is a discussion on Ally Camera/Gallery question... within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi all - I did a search, but could find nothing on this...and found nothing in the user manual. I will confess I'm dog-tired and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ally Camera/Gallery question...

Hi all -

I did a search, but could find nothing on this...and found nothing in the user manual. I will confess I'm dog-tired and may have just missed it.

Here's my dilemma: when I take a photograph with the Ally, the picture goes into the gallery in an automatically created folder with a date label. Thus, my photographs taken last night at a friend's b-day party are all in a folder titled 10-3-2010.

I'd like to create a folder for these pictures and title it "Randy's 50th", but I see no way to do this. I also see no way to 'hide' the images or secure them from being seen by anyone who may come across my phone.

Am I missing something? Or are there apps that allow the Ally to do these and/or similar things?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try this thread: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/70...der-structure/

There is no way to hide an image. If the image is on the SD card, the gallery will find it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Try this thread: http://www.lgallyfor...lder-structure/

There is no way to hide an image. If the image is on the SD card, the gallery will find it.

When combing through the thousands of apps in the market, I came across one that allowed the user to hide photos. I think it was intended for dirty pictures, and what not. I can't remember the name of the app, though.

You'll find it if you waste enough time going through the market.

Thanks for the info...

I passed it today searching AppBrain and remembered this thread. Vaulty Free by Theron Rogers claims to password protect your [s]naughty[/s] private pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I passed it today searching AppBrain and remembered this thread. Vaulty Free by Theron Rogers claims to password protect your [s]naughty[/s] private pics.

Lol; as much as I'd like to have [s]naughty[/s] private pics on the phone, these would be mostly work related images that in some cases are client privileged or proprietary. Still, good info to know. I am, however, irritated by the apparent inability to create specific gallery folders on the phone itself.

Ah well. Compromise they call it. I'm otherwise quite pleased with the Ally.

Thanks again -

There is a solution for you. What do you mean specific folders? You could password protect the Gallery App if you need to and call the folders inside whatever you like, or not password protect the Gallery and still name the folders whatever you'd like.

Unfortunately, finding the App that does what you want the way you want takes patience. I usually install a few similar apps at a time then uninstall the ones that I dislike. The last one standing I use. And if I hate it I search again. AppBrain.com is good for this because you can open new windows with the computer to compare info. Then push the App to your phone using the AppBrain App or scan the QR Code to get the App from the Market.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    There is a solution for you. What do you mean specific folders? You could password protect the Gallery App if you need to and call the folders inside whatever you like, or not password protect the Gallery and still name the folders whatever you'd like.

Unfortunately, finding the App that does what you want the way you want takes patience. I usually install a few similar apps at a time then uninstall the ones that I dislike. The last one standing I use. And if I hate it I search again. AppBrain.com is good for this because you can open new windows with the computer to compare info. Then push the App to your phone using the AppBrain App or scan the QR Code to get the App from the Market.

By specific folders, I mean being able to do as I described in the original post:

...when I take a photograph with the Ally, the picture goes into the gallery in an automatically created folder with a date label. Thus, my photographs taken last night at a friend's b-day party are all in a folder titled 10-3-2010.

I'd like to create a folder for these pictures and title it "Randy's 50th", but I see no way to do this.

Or, at the least re-name the folder so that it relates to the pictures inside; in this case my friend's 50th birthday party. You mention renaming the folders whatever I like; that's basically what I want to do - I've simply not been able to figure out how to do that on my own.

Thanks again for all the input and assistance. It is much appreciated.

A search of the forum would give you the answer. I have a tutorial somewhere about Think Free that describes how to rename folders and files.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links