SMS Changes Music

This is a discussion on SMS Changes Music within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So I'm listening to music using the stock app when a sms comes in. The music I'm singing along too changes right in midstream!! Here's ...

Thread: SMS Changes Music

So I'm listening to music using the stock app when a sms comes in. The music I'm singing along too changes right in midstream!! Here's the fun part,..I go to the music app and the original song is paused, I tap "play and the original song begins again. I tap "pause" and the mystery song starts playing again. I check the sms notification and the mystery song stops and the original song starts again!! So I checked my ringtone notifications and that had nothing to do with the change of tunes. I am convienced that the android platform is full of ghosts. Some call them bugs but I think ghosts are more friendly and sometimes fun!! That's free entertainment!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mdouglase View Post
    So I'm listening to music using the stock app when a sms comes in. The music I'm singing along too changes right in midstream!! Here's the fun part,..I go to the music app and the original song is paused, I tap "play and the original song begins again. I tap "pause" and the mystery song starts playing again. I check the sms notification and the mystery song stops and the original song starts again!! So I checked my ringtone notifications and that had nothing to do with the change of tunes. I am convienced that the android platform is full of ghosts. Some call them bugs but I think ghosts are more friendly and sometimes fun!! That's free entertainment!!

Ghosts?? I guess, this is definitely a new one for me... I'm assuming you have the latest update for your Ally, the VZB Update? If so then one of the things I've seen work... Most of the time, is to do a Master Reset to get rid off oddities caused by Ver VZ8 .... But if nothing else is happening and you like the Ghosts and your phones new ability to do "Multi-Music" you might just watch it for awhile to see if it continues to act up... i'll be thinking about this post tonight while I'm watching "Ghost Hunters" LOL

Let me know what's happening!

Thanks for the reply! I tested this anomily again and had even more fun! This time when the sms arrived a song started play WHILE I had another tune going! Yep, 2 songs at the same time!! So I keep testing and it continues to happen. The only way to stop the "mystery music" is by pulling down the notification window! I haven't done a master reset or even a soft reset cause I'd like to try and figure this one out. The Firmware version is 2.1 update 1 and the SW version is VS740ZVB. No updates are available. I'll keep trying and keep posting.

Quote Originally Posted by mdouglase View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I tested this anomily again and had even more fun! This time when the sms arrived a song started play WHILE I had another tune going! Yep, 2 songs at the same time!! So I keep testing and it continues to happen. The only way to stop the "mystery music" is by pulling down the notification window! I haven't done a master reset or even a soft reset cause I'd like to try and figure this one out. The Firmware version is 2.1 update 1 and the SW version is VS740ZVB. No updates are available. I'll keep trying and keep posting.

..I'm having a similar issue. When I'm using a certain App and I receive a text msg.. a mystery song song starts playing instead of the one i have set for the notification.. and the only way to stop it is pull down the notification window.. smh.. the mystery song didnt even show as playing when i went to the music app. so i played it and, thats right.. it played on top of itself. weird indeed!

I feel I should just take my lumps on this one, cause I dont wanna do a reset (and hope it solves the problem) for every glitch I find.

Thanks for posting! Misery loves company. There's to many gliches in the platform to get upset every time something doesn't work right. I'm trying to be selective with my temper cause there's something new around the next corner but please stop back to let us know if you find any consistencies.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links