email settings

This is a discussion on email settings within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hello, I just got my ally today. I am trying to setup my email account. The provider is my phone company. I got the incoming ...

Thread: email settings

Hello, I just got my ally today. I am trying to setup my email account. The provider is my phone company. I got the incoming server settings fine, but the outgoing settings wont work and I keep getting "unable to connect to server" errors. Well, I called my ISP, and he was about as much help as my dog. He actually told me I would have to call my wireless provider and use their outgoing server settings? WTF ??? Well, i called Verizon and they helped more than my ISP tech help but finally told me it's in my ISP's hands.

My outgoing server is SMTP.ccrtc.com, port is 25, no security, no username & password. Now, these exact settings are what is in my Thunderbird ( my home email client) and it works fine. But I've tried EVERYTHING I can change to no avail. I still get "cannot connect to server" errors for my outgoing side only.

Just for info ,my incoming is pop3.ccrtc.com, port 110, no security and it works fine.

Anyone here know how to take care of this or have anything to try? I live in a small town and my phone company is about my only option for DSL/email. If I have to call my ISP back fine, I will, but not today or he won't like what I tell him. He was pretty rude and acted like getting email on a phone was not his problem.

ANY IDEA ??????? I got the ally for email on the run. It's my first phone w/ a data pkg. I'm not off to a very good start. LOL

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Anybody ???

Verizon doesn't block your outgoing SMTP.

Are you sure there is no Username and Password for your outgoing server? It is unusual to not have one since leaving it open like that would allow someone to use your email address.

One thing you can do is to try a different port. Ports for SMTP are: 25, 80, 3535, and 587.
    Motorola Droid 4

Yah, I've tried it about every way I can. I've tried with my username/password as well. I did alot of searching and found sever threads about droid & email problems. I found a workaround for now. I use gmail as my outgoing server. If anyone has any other ideas send 'em my way. I'll post back if I figure it out. TX

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links