downloading to ally

This is a discussion on downloading to ally within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hello, is there anyone who can educate me on how to dl files I been trying to dl .rar files and I either get an ...

Thread: downloading to ally

Hello, is there anyone who can educate me on how to dl files I been trying to dl .rar files and I either get an error msg saying not enough room which I don't understand considering I have really nothing on my 8gig sd card, or the file simply dld's just a fraction of the file can someone anyone weigh in please?!?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dpacski View Post
    Hello, is there anyone who can educate me on how to dl files I been trying to dl .rar files and I either get an error msg saying not enough room which I don't understand considering I have really nothing on my 8gig sd card, or the file simply dld's just a fraction of the file can someone anyone weigh in please?!?

So you're trying to down load a .RAR file to your Ally from the Web? It looks like Android 2.1 checks to see what format the file is in and it doesn't understand what a RAR Archive is... I get a "The Content is not supported" error when I try to download a RAR file.... You could always download to a PC and then copy it to the MicroSD card of the Ally if you need to move it to another PC.

There's a free app called ByteTornado that allows you to download any type of file through their web browser. It's definitely a must-have, especially for downloading game roms for emulators. 8)

I just attempted to download a .doc file to my Ally from my Gmail account. When I press PREVIEW, the "fetching document" message lingers, but no download. Given it's a small doc (28K), I'd imagine the fetch shouldn't take more than a few minutes (I waited at least 2 minutes before surrendering). I resent the email with the file changed to .tif format and still the "fetching document" message lingered for minutes without download.

I'm clearly doing something wrong - any ideas? Is there a setting on the Ally regarding downloading files?

I've never gotten an attachment in gmail, so I'm not sure how that works.... but I do get them in my other email accounts. I've used the stock email and k-9 and if I'm not mistaken I just hit download and it will automatically open with Thinkfree (if it is that type of file). Look and see if it downloaded to the download folder on your SD card and try to open it from there.

I finally got the file to open and I'm able to view it, but when I choose SAVE AS and pick a folder, I get a "failed to save" message. Oh, and ThinkFree crashes/restarts continually throughout the process.

My files go the the Download folder on the SD Card. Use ThinkFree's File Manager. Find the file and long-touch it to open the edit menu that includes Rename.

Thank you so much for your help - I didn't do anything other than keep trying (periodically throughout the day) to save to the folder I selected. Yesterday, the files started saving successfully. Perhaps I've been blessed with a persnickety Ally.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links