Need help Ally message received bug

This is a discussion on Need help Ally message received bug within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi all. I am very new to the Ally (had mine for about 3 weeks now) and I have noticed in the last few days ...

Thread: Need help Ally message received bug

Hi all. I am very new to the Ally (had mine for about 3 weeks now) and I have noticed in the last few days I have this really annoying pop up when I text someone. It says "Message received by" and the the phone number of the person I have texted. I went into settings and made sure I was not requesting delivery reports, and I am not. This would be a minor annoyance however it stays on my screen the entire time until I power down my phone. Today alone I have powered down my phone three time to get the stupid msg to clear. Anyone else have this issue or an idea how to fix it? Any help is so greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Mandie View Post
    Hi all. I am very new to the Ally (had mine for about 3 weeks now) and I have noticed in the last few days I have this really annoying pop up when I text someone. It says "Message received by" and the the phone number of the person I have texted. I went into settings and made sure I was not requesting delivery reports, and I am not. This would be a minor annoyance however it stays on my screen the entire time until I power down my phone. Today alone I have powered down my phone three time to get the stupid msg to clear. Anyone else have this issue or an idea how to fix it? Any help is so greatly appreciated!

Interesting... When I have the Delivery Report option turned on, it only marks the SMS I just sent with a little Blue Icon in the corner indicating it was received. I am not getting a pop-up dialog box... Have you installed any Text message apps in the past, like "DG Alerts" , "HandCent", or "SMS Popup"? If so and they are still installed I would try and temporarily uninstalling them to see it resolves the problem... If not, I'm not sure why you would be getting those messages, especially with the Delivery Reports turned off... I'm wondering if it's something that has been implemented by Verizon in your Area... Let me know if you find anything out.

Thanks for the response, no actually I have tried to be super vigilant in what I install on my phone, I have only installed a few "Choice of Games" and an app killer, maybe a puzzle or two. About 2-3 days ago, the pop up messages stopped, for no reason, the only thing that was different is I let my battery nearly die that night, I powered it down overnight while it charged and next morning poof no annoying messages. My phone didn't download any new updates that day so I doubt it was that. Nevertheless I will not complain If it happens again I will contact Verizon and see what they say. Again thanks for the response!

I've been experiencing the same issue only in my case the notification is to a number that I don't recognize. I've also noticed that I only get the notification when I receive messages from people. I contacted Verizon about it and the problem persists. The two ways I've found to get rid of the message is to restart the phone or kill the messaging app. I use an app called TaskPanel X to accomplish this. It's a free download from the Android Market, but it's a pain to find. Hope this helps.

I have had this problem for a while now. It seems to happen if I send a text, then put the phone to sleep so I can put it in my pocket. When I turn it back on the message is there until I kill messaging or reboot the phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links