No contacts show up

This is a discussion on No contacts show up within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by Ally Android You can't uninstall VZW Backup Assistant unless your phone is rooted. BA is a default app. Your cheating on yourself ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No contacts show up

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    You can't uninstall VZW Backup Assistant unless your phone is rooted. BA is a default app.

Your cheating on yourself if you havent already rooted.

I havent seen what comes in the latest OTA update but the version I was last on VZW Backup was user option install, I guess they rolled it out to everyone?

I dont see the need to backup my contacts hourly, and if there pushing more crapware on us its just more reason to root and get Velocity.

Its a whole different phone, I would have returned mine if not for custom roms.

They made it a default app in V8. VB gave us 4 more: City ID, Corp Directory, My Verizon, and Skype. Not only that but City ID is a trial app.

Can't root until May.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by uofmbaby View Post
    APPARENTLY I jumped the gun a little. It works when you change the cell to mobile BUT NOW it won't stay that way. I have saved the same contact 5 times now. And it keeps going back to saying cell on their info....

I found that very annoying, too. Then I figured out that you must leave the text field that you are changing before backing out to save the new contact info. For example, I am adding a phone number and the cursor is still at the end of that number. If I back out it will not be remembered as a completed entry. However, all you have to do is hit anywhere else on the screen to remove the cursor from that field and it will save. So for you, after changing the number to "mobile" hit E-mail or anything else on that screen before backing out to save. This is also true in contacts in Gmail using the computer. This has saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I found that very annoying, too. Then I figured out that you must leave the text field that you are changing before backing out to save the new contact info. For example, I am adding a phone number and the cursor is still at the end of that number. If I back out it will not be remembered as a completed entry. However, all you have to do is hit anywhere else on the screen to remove the cursor from that field and it will save. So for you, after changing the number to "mobile" hit E-mail or anything else on that screen before backing out to save. This is also true in contacts in Gmail using the computer. This has saved me a lot of time and frustration.

I tried that as well before I went and did the changes on the computer and that didn't work either, they kept reverting back to cells numbers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links