facebook contacts and phone contacts

This is a discussion on facebook contacts and phone contacts within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have a perplexing problem with my Ally. I had Verizon transfer my contacts at the store when purchasing my phone. When I synced my ...

Thread: facebook contacts and phone contacts

I have a perplexing problem with my Ally. I had Verizon transfer my contacts at the store when purchasing my phone. When I synced my Facebook contacts, the contacts I had in my Blackberry did not display. I have a few contacts with no facebook account like Granny, Mom, Dad, etc. I can send these people text messages so I know their information is in there but I don't want to have to start a text to get their phone number and call them. I know you can join duplicate contacts and such but I'm stumped on this one. Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by redfalcon302 View Post
    I have a perplexing problem with my Ally. I had Verizon transfer my contacts at the store when purchasing my phone. When I synced my Facebook contacts, the contacts I had in my Blackberry did not display. I have a few contacts with no facebook account like Granny, Mom, Dad, etc. I can send these people text messages so I know their information is in there but I don't want to have to start a text to get their phone number and call them. I know you can join duplicate contacts and such but I'm stumped on this one. Thanks!

Have you tried adjusting the "Display Options" under contacts? If not, Go to contacts then Settings and choose Display options. Make sure that you have all of the accounts you want to see turned on... This is where I've seen problems. If you don't have check marks next to the accounts you want to see, Contacts won't show up.

I have toyed around with the display options, synced, un-synced, re-synced, etc. I found a widget to put on my home screen titles "All Contacts" so I have access to all of my contacts now, but there is no way to sort through them as in the "Contacts" folder. For instance, if i want to look up "John Smith" in the contacts, i would press "J" and it would skip to names with J in them. However, in the "All Contacts" WIdget, it starts with "A" and i have to manually scroll through hundreds of contacts to get the name I need. This is more convenient than the method stated in my last post, but if all my contacts were, in fact, in the sorted "Contacts" folder, it would be great. I just can't figure out how to get my Facebook contacts and my contacts from my old Blackberry to merge. I did notice that my friends on Facebook who's phone number I had in my contacts were available in the contacts folder. I have tried editing contacts manually to make sure they say "mobile" but that did not help. To be clear, all my contacts are in my phone memory somewhere. I have contacts such as "Granny" who's phone numbers I have in my phone, both mobile and home and they show up in my "All Contacts" widget, but i cannot get to them in the standard "Contacts" folder. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    Have you tried adjusting the "Display Options" under contacts? If not, Go to contacts then Settings and choose Display options. Make sure that you have all of the accounts you want to see turned on... This is where I've seen problems. If you don't have check marks next to the accounts you want to see, Contacts won't show up.

Did you have backup assistance on your old phone? I didn't so I went and re added my contacts with back up assistant on my Ally now I can see all their info and profile pics too. Also, when you activated your phone the rep at the store might now have gone through with the complete update on your phone dial *228 and choose option 2. You should also be able to add and delete contacts with backup assistance on verizonwireless.com you just have to add and sync

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links