Keyboard Problem

This is a discussion on Keyboard Problem within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I have had a problem with my Ally rebooting when I open or close my keyboard too fast. It mostly happens when I'm sliding it ...

Thread: Keyboard Problem

I have had a problem with my Ally rebooting when I open or close my keyboard too fast. It mostly happens when I'm sliding it shut, but does happen occasionally when I slide it open. I did a hard reset and tested it with no apps installed. The problem still persisted. I have to slide they keyboard very slowly to keep it from rebooting. That's the only time I have trouble with reboots. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No, I have never experienced this. I just tried opening and closing my keyboard real fast several times and not issues.

How did you do your Hard Reset?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    No, I have never experienced this. I just tried opening and closing my keyboard real fast several times and not issues.

How did you do your Hard Reset?

I went to Settings, Privacy and Factory data reset. Is that correct? I did it after the OTA update to VS740ZVB thinking it would bring back the apps I lost. I know now that's not happening.

Just checking. That would be the correct way to do a Factory Reset. After you do a Factory Reset, you would need to re-add any apps that you downloaded from the market.

If that didn't solve your problem, it might be an hardware issue. I would take it to Verizon and have them look at it.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Just checking. That would be the correct way to do a Factory Reset. After you do a Factory Reset, you would need to re-add any apps that you downloaded from the market.

If that didn't solve your problem, it might be an hardware issue. I would take it to Verizon and have them look at it.

Thanks. I will have it checked. I appreciate your assistance.

My phone has been doing that, too, lately, but it doesn't stop there. Now it resets itself on it's own sometimes two or three times a day.

At the same time, the screen layout has changed to a format I've never seen. The clock and weather widget have moved and new icons have appeared out of nowhere.

Seems like the longer I have the LG Ally, the more quirks pop up. I've only had it a year so I have another year to put up with it. It seems like every month or so something else goes weird.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaSnob View Post
    My phone has been doing that, too, lately, but it doesn't stop there. Now it resets itself on it's own sometimes two or three times a day.

At the same time, the screen layout has changed to a format I've never seen. The clock and weather widget have moved and new icons have appeared out of nowhere.

Seems like the longer I have the LG Ally, the more quirks pop up. I've only had it a year so I have another year to put up with it. It seems like every month or so something else goes weird.

For the screen changes, try this thread: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/22...ng-on-its-own/
    Motorola Droid 4

Android Jr Member RedDroid_lgally's Avatar
    My phone freezes if you press the home key or back out of something with the keyboard open. It's done it for a long time and I've done the whole factory reset thing to no avail. It doesn't reboot though, so I am not going to bother going to Verizon with it. I just remember to close the keyboard before I back out or attempt to go to another app.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links