Yet another exchange e-mail issue

This is a discussion on Yet another exchange e-mail issue within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Well, after the most recent update, I started having trouble with e-mail. Per the suggestion of LG Pro here (who was very helpful by the ...

Thread: Yet another exchange e-mail issue

Well, after the most recent update, I started having trouble with e-mail. Per the suggestion of LG Pro here (who was very helpful by the way) I did a master reset on the phone, and that particular issue was resolved. Well, recently I have come across another issue that is potentially more annoying than the first. Here is what is going on. I set up my Work e-mail account (run through an Exchange server) on the phone, set all my settings as per usual (I can list all that if absolutely necessary), and start getting e-mails as per usual. However, after an indeterminate amount of time, the default e-mail program on the phone will force close on me. This is really not that big an issue and I could normally just re-open it and be fine. However, when this force close occurs, it completely deletes my exchange e-mail account from the accounts list in the phone. In order to get the e-mails back again, I have to set-up the e-mail address all over again. This is HIGHLY frustrating as it happens far too often (sometimes as much as 2-3 times a week). Any ideas as to why this is happening and what a fix could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Well, after the most recent update, I started having trouble with e-mail. Per the suggestion of LG Pro here (who was very helpful by the way) I did a master reset on the phone, and that particular issue was resolved. Well, recently I have come across another issue that is potentially more annoying than the first. Here is what is going on. I set up my Work e-mail account (run through an Exchange server) on the phone, set all my settings as per usual (I can list all that if absolutely necessary), and start getting e-mails as per usual. However, after an indeterminate amount of time, the default e-mail program on the phone will force close on me. This is really not that big an issue and I could normally just re-open it and be fine. However, when this force close occurs, it completely deletes my exchange e-mail account from the accounts list in the phone. In order to get the e-mails back again, I have to set-up the e-mail address all over again. This is HIGHLY frustrating as it happens far too often (sometimes as much as 2-3 times a week). Any ideas as to why this is happening and what a fix could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have also experienced the Email App randomly closing on me, and it is annoying! However, I have never had my Exchange account deleted. How much free memory do you have on the Ally? The Master Reset should have cleared up any residual information left over from Ver 8, so I am puzzled as to why, in addition to your Email closing, your account is being deleted.

What would I do?? In the mean time until I can get an answeror some troubleshooting steps, I'd probably install a third party email app like "TouchDown" or "Road Sync" to help manage my exchange account... I know this isn't the ideal solution, but right now I'm digging for answers as to why this is happening.

I'll let everyone know when I have some updated info.

Actually, I did take the amount of memory into consideration when the crashes started happening, so I made a point to close all open apps (as best as I could anyway) to free up the maximum amount of usable memory (got it up to around 64MB if I remember correctly) and then try it again. It would work for a while, an absolutely unknown and random amount of time, then crash again. At the point of the crash, I checked the free memory just out of curiosity and there was still around 50MB free (which is more than enough for what it was needing to do). It is running ok now, but i have no way of knowing if it will crash again or not. If it does, I may explore other e-mail management apps to at least stand in until a fix is found. I do greatly appreciate your help with all of this. Hopefully we can get some sort of resolution as this is happening similarly on a co-workers Ally, though he has not said anything about it deleting his account either, just crashing randomly on him. I thought that this last update was supposed to fix Exchange issues, not create more. Oh well, thus is the story of technology I guess.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links