Gallery App Crashes Phone

This is a discussion on Gallery App Crashes Phone within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I just bought an Ally for the wife. She is running into a problem when she opens the Gallery app it crashes and reboots the ...

Thread: Gallery App Crashes Phone

I just bought an Ally for the wife. She is running into a problem when she opens the Gallery app it crashes and reboots the phone. I thought it had something to do with the amount of folders she had since we copied the photos from her old phone on to the SD card of the Ally. I consolidated all of the photos into the downloads folder and this seems to cause it to crash much less often, but nonetheless it still crashes. I have a comperable setup on my Droid 1 and have not had this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I only have 30 days to swap out the phone with VZW.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jnd121 View Post
    I just bought an Ally for the wife. She is running into a problem when she opens the Gallery app it crashes and reboots the phone. I thought it had something to do with the amount of folders she had since we copied the photos from her old phone on to the SD card of the Ally. I consolidated all of the photos into the downloads folder and this seems to cause it to crash much less often, but nonetheless it still crashes. I have a comperable setup on my Droid 1 and have not had this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I only have 30 days to swap out the phone with VZW.

Your Gallery is Force Closing? I'm sorry to hear that... My guess is that you are running into a Memory, or lack of Memory issue... How many Photos would you guess are on your Wife's phone? What I would do is to temporarily remove some of the photos to see if the problem subsides, or lessens in frequency... In fact I would copy all of them to your PC and then start adding them back to Ally a few at a time to see if this resolves the issue... I heard of this a couple of times so I think it's something that has cropped up with the latest update.... I'll keep everyone updated about any news on a new patch.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks for the advice! I'll give your suggestion a try.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links