LG needs to fix their software

This is a discussion on LG needs to fix their software within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I'm still curious: Did you go to Verizon within the 30-day "grace" period to register your complaints? And for the record, I'm not sure that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LG needs to fix their software

I'm still curious: Did you go to Verizon within the 30-day "grace" period to register your complaints? And for the record, I'm not sure that "buggy software" is at the root of all your concerns. I believe the issue with photos not loading quickly into the gallery is a function of throughput, memory and processor speed -- not software.

By the way, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not taking the time to post to this site for your amusement.

It would be understandable for my Arduino to take more than 30 seconds to write a single 200kb photo to an EEPROM chip. Not a Smartphone writing a single 200kb photo to Flash. Come on, think about what you're saying. This is buggy software, not a delay in writing to flash.

Please stop focusing on that one singular Gallery issue and look at the bigger group of more important bugs, like the camera flash (LED flash, smart one, not SD flash), the lack of detail in zooming photos, bouncing notification bar... and who knows what else. *headdesk*

And I have no idea what you mean by the "for your amusement" comment...

Quote Originally Posted by FalconFour View Post
    And I have no idea what you mean by the "for your amusement" comment...

Perhaps he was referring to your comment:

Unamused. I'm not even talking about slow performance or lack of memory or any of that stuff.

Please stop focusing on that one singular Gallery issue and look at the bigger group of more important bugs, like the camera flash (LED flash, smart one, not SD flash), the lack of detail in zooming photos, bouncing notification bar... and who knows what else. *headdesk*

Darkhorse more or less covered most of your issues. John was just making a comment on one of them and you want to complain because he did so?
    Motorola Droid 4

"Unamused" meaning these replies are so off-base I can hardly stand to read them. Needless to say I'm no longer looking forward to seeing new replies on this topic, and certainly aren't expecting any help from the overly "pebkac-focused" folks here... Last I looked up at the forum header, this is LG Ally Forums, not "shoulda bought a better phone" forums...

Anyway, I found a way to solve one of my more annoying problems: add a ".nomedia" file to a folder, and put all my "not media" files in there. Pretty straightfoward solution, eh? Just needed to find that solution. I actually stumbled across it while browsing my SD filesystem and got curious at the appearance of a ".nomedia" file in an otherwise empty folder...

Tried out Camera Magic too and was rather unimpressed... doesn't support the two-stage button on the Ally (for focus -> snap), so it effectively ruins the solution of "losing image settings between focus and snap" - can't tell it took a crappy pic until after it already did. /facepalm

And I found a folder full of cached thumbnails and junk files that the "cooliris" default Gallery had been accumulating, so clearing out that temp crap might help with the performance and missing-images problem. Another good, simple solution - or at least something to try - that was missed by people bashing the PEBKAC and "your bought a crappy phone" excuses...

Seriously guys, I'm coming back here to post my solutions for a reason: I, as a newcomer, find some serious flaws in your responses here, and want to help point you in the direction of providing more useful feedback. You can either take it as constructive feedback and move on, or you can rant and rave about this stupid newbie that's trying to run the show, blah-blah-blah. The former would be nice, but the latter seems to be the internet norm. *shrug* Now that some of these problems are googleable, maybe LG or Google will fix them...

People offer what advice they can and you can either except it or not. I am glad you were able to find an answer and that you posted it here for others in the event that they have the same issue.

There are no experts here and we are all newbies.
    Motorola Droid 4

"Unamused" meaning these replies are so off-base I can hardly stand to read them. Needless to say I'm no longer looking forward to seeing new replies on this topic, and certainly aren't expecting any help from the overly "pebkac-focused" folks here... Last I looked up at the forum header, this is LG Ally Forums, not "shoulda bought a better phone" forums...
    I dont think anyone suggested that your should have bought a better phone and I dont believe that ally is low end device... I had to do some serious modification to the phone to make it what I wanted but thats what I like about it. With android at least if you dont like the way it is your not stuck with it. I hope you dont think that I was one too point to you as the problem though... If so I will be glad to stop wasting my time trying to help.

Anyway, I found a way to solve one of my more annoying problems: add a ".nomedia" file to a folder, and put all my "not media" files in there. Pretty straightfoward solution, eh? Just needed to find that solution. I actually stumbled across it while browsing my SD filesystem and got curious at the appearance of a ".nomedia" file in an otherwise empty folder...
    Glad you found a solution.

Tried out Camera Magic too and was rather unimpressed... doesn't support the two-stage button on the Ally (for focus -> snap), so it effectively ruins the solution of "losing image settings between focus and snap" - can't tell it took a crappy pic until after it already did. /facepalm
    Sorry it didnt work out... I really like it because it doesnt use the two stage button. The stock apps takes too long to start up, takes to long to focus, and then takes ****ty pictures. I find with CM theres no need to "focus" as it takes the picture very quickly and its already in focus. No waiting. I am going to keep my eyes open for one that works like you want though.

I wanted to know when you enter the gallery from camera magic do the pictures have the same garbled look as when you open it through the default media app?

I dont have the issue you described about not being able to zoom in to a photo, I can zoom in very close on any image as long as I am in the Gallery app, but when I launch the Gallery app from CM I get the issue you described but only in th CM folder...

And I found a folder full of cached thumbnails and junk files that the "cooliris" default Gallery had been accumulating, so clearing out that temp crap might help with the performance and missing-images problem. Another good, simple solution - or at least something to try - that was missed by people bashing the PEBKAC and "your bought a crappy phone" excuses...
    I found this today. http://www.cooliris....bile/nexus-one/

It looks to me like LG used their libraries in the gallery app and that folder stores a cache of the images in the thumbnail view for the gallery. Just a FYI.

EDIT: Further reading: Gallery app is made by these folks not google or lg so issues that you have with it can be addressed to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links