LG ALLY will not charge.

This is a discussion on LG ALLY will not charge. within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; hey guys. I just got the ALLY yesterday and everything on it works fine. But the first time I went to charge it, the red ...

Thread: LG ALLY will not charge.

hey guys. I just got the ALLY yesterday and everything on it works fine. But the first time I went to charge it, the red light came on and said it was charging....but it wasnt really charging. Then after I removed the battery a few times and plugged it in it started charging. I left it charge for about 4 or 5 hours and it only charged up to 60%. I went to work and I only sent a few texts while at work but the battery drained in a few hours. I got home and went to charge it but it will not charge. I've tried removing the battery, resetting the phone....everything. The red light comes on, and the phone says its charging. But the battery icon does not indicate that its charging. There is just one small red bar in it. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Is this the charger that came with the phone when purchased new? If so you may have a defective charger or phone and I would take it back to verizon

yes the charger is new.

ive tried the regular charger and the car charger that it came with and they both do the same thing.

A red bar indicates a problem. If all the chargers do the same thing than it could be the phone. I would take it to Verizon and have them look at it.
    Motorola Droid 4

No, the red I describe is just a sliver of red in the battery icon because the battery is low. like 6%

Dougl4s, I agree with AA, if neither charger is working with the phone, I'd think it's a handset problem, possibly an issue with port hardware. But I would strongly urge you to take it back. You've had the phone a day and there's a serious issue with it? Take it back, my friend. Verizon will happily replace it for you, I'm sure.

as a matter i just had this very problem as well. i thought it was the usb charger port on my ally and the battery. so here is what i tried before i took it into the store. after trying to use the ac adapter as well as my usb cord i keep in the car. i hooked my ally to the laptop and although it took a number of hours it actually charged up the phone to full power.

i took it into the store and had them test it for me. to my relief it was not the battery, the charge port or the phone. it seems that my adapter shorted out from a spike, they gave me a new adapter free of charge but i went ahead and bought a spare battery. if you have another usb ac adapter around the house, try using that to charge your phone to see if another one would work it you cant get to the store.

Ads