playing music on car stereo

This is a discussion on playing music on car stereo within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I know all you need is a 3.5 mm aux cable to play the music, but this is not working for me. Do I need ...

Thread: playing music on car stereo

I know all you need is a 3.5 mm aux cable to play the music, but this is not working for me. Do I need to set my phone to some specific settings? When I do plug the phone into the stereo the music continues to play from the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The plug should short out the internal speaker as theres no software involved in the switching....

I have the Pioneer PIONEER AVH-P3200BT and I found that when the phone was new you have to make sure the plug is pushed in all the way, the spring makes the fit really tight.

If you still get issues can you possibly test your cable with another source?

I don't have anything that fancy. Just the stock radio that came with my 08' G6. Does it matter what kind of 3.5 mm chord you use? The chord I am using was originally meant for my girlfriends mp3 player. Seeing as how that mp3 player is broken, i figured i would just use the chord for my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ivorykeys87 View Post
    I know all you need is a 3.5 mm aux cable to play the music, but this is not working for me. Do I need to set my phone to some specific settings? When I do plug the phone into the stereo the music continues to play from the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

well if you want an somewhat easy way to get the music from the phone to the car stereo i found a way. Amazon has an FM transmitter that is built for the sansa mp3 players. but here is the part you will like. on the fm transmitter it comes with a small headphone cord as well as usb port. that means if you dont mind using an FM transmitter, you can plug the headphone cord into the phone and have the phone transmit your music to the stereo and if you have a usb charger cord you can charge the phone while playing music. all in one deal. it works great no matter what kind of mp3 player you have at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ivorykeys87 View Post
    I don't have anything that fancy. Just the stock radio that came with my 08' G6. Does it matter what kind of 3.5 mm chord you use? The chord I am using was originally meant for my girlfriends mp3 player. Seeing as how that mp3 player is broken, i figured i would just use the chord for my phone.

Depends on that kind of inputs that cars receiver has... As long as it has a 3.5mm aux in all your need is one with a 3.5 mm jack on both sides.

Try switching modes on the car radio-my 2010 Honda Fit has a button marked AUX, for instance. You may want to try another cord, too.

Hello,

I drive a 2004 cadillac srx ... i cannot find the aux 3.5 cord input anywhere! i also dont think i have bluetooth (if i do please correct me). there is definitely not a cassette player either to transmit the sound ... is there any other possible way to play music from my phone to the stereo?? my husband has an iphone and he just plugs his in to the cigarette lighter. i need any help or suggestions!! thank you!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links