customizing alarm ringtones

This is a discussion on customizing alarm ringtones within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi guys! Just got an Ally phone a couple of days ago. I'm experiencing some of the same difficulties others have posted about, but one ...

Thread: customizing alarm ringtones

Hi guys!

Just got an Ally phone a couple of days ago. I'm experiencing some of the same difficulties others have posted about, but one that I have not seen is this:

I have a custom ringtone that I want to set as my alarm clock tone. How do I do this? I followed some instructions I found for uploading custom ringtones using the PC/Mass Storage Option; I put this particular ringtone in both the Ringtones folder and the Notification folder. It does not show up as an option when I try to set the ringtone for my alarm clock.

Any advice?

Glory B!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Glory B! View Post
    Hi guys!

Just got an Ally phone a couple of days ago. I'm experiencing some of the same difficulties others have posted about, but one that I have not seen is this:

I have a custom ringtone that I want to set as my alarm clock tone. How do I do this? I followed some instructions I found for uploading custom ringtones using the PC/Mass Storage Option; I put this particular ringtone in both the Ringtones folder and the Notification folder. It does not show up as an option when I try to set the ringtone for my alarm clock.

Any advice?

Glory B!

The easiest way I found is with the Ringdroid app. It lets you use any song in your music library as a ringtone, sms notification, or alarm tone. I use the Cure's "Plainsong" as my alarm tone.

Alarm sounds do not use regular ringtones or notification sounds.

I always use Ringdroid to convert a sound to an Alarm sound. When you go to save your selection, you have the option to choose Musc, Alarm, Ringtone, or Notification. If you select Alarm, it will be available for selection in your alarm setup.
    Motorola Droid 4

Same avenue, different direction: How to I take a stock alarm tone, and use it someplace else? Where are they stored and how can I access them? My phone is rooted. "Alarm Cricket" is the sound I want, and I'd like to be able to make it able to play with the push of a button or two from the home screen. Anybody?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links