phone problem

This is a discussion on phone problem within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I noticed yesterday that my phone was not receiving texts... it had been working fine then all of a sudden I wasn't receiving anything... I've ...

Thread: phone problem

I noticed yesterday that my phone was not receiving texts... it had been working fine then all of a sudden I wasn't receiving anything... I've turned my phone off and then back on several times, removed the battery several times and still no go. Every time I turn my phone on I get a message that says "the process .com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" with a force close button.

Any ideas if there is a way I can fix this myself? Closest actual Verizon store (all we have in town is authorized retailers) is a 45-minute drive---really don't wanna have to do that if there's something I'm not doing to troubleshoot the problem myself.

extra info: apps and browser is working fine.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

the problem is fixed...for now. all i did was turn off app sync and restart the phone and i began receiving messages again. i'd still like to know if anyone has had similar problems and if they know exactly what caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    I noticed yesterday that my phone was not receiving texts... it had been working fine then all of a sudden I wasn't receiving anything... I've turned my phone off and then back on several times, removed the battery several times and still no go. Every time I turn my phone on I get a message that says "the process .com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again" with a force close button.

Any ideas if there is a way I can fix this myself? Closest actual Verizon store (all we have in town is authorized retailers) is a 45-minute drive---really don't wanna have to do that if there's something I'm not doing to troubleshoot the problem myself.

extra info: apps and browser is working fine.

A hard reset should put your phone back to "out of box." You can do this through the menus or while the phone is off hold down Volume, Home and Power for a few seconds.

Do you have a task killer installed? Are you using the stock programs for messaging?

I don't use any messaging apps, but I do have Advanced Task Killer installed. Turning off sync and restarting the phone fixed my issue... this wasn't the first time I've had it, though---the last time simply rebooting the phone did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    A hard reset should put your phone back to "out of box." You can do this through the menus or while the phone is off hold down Volume, Home and Power for a few seconds.

Do you have a task killer installed? Are you using the stock programs for messaging?

Make sure this process is not being ended by Advanced Task Killer. The debate is still out on using Task Killers. I, for one, choose not to use one so I cannot help you on where to find that, sorry.

I, too, am having this problem. Except, I'll get a notification that I am unable to receive messages due to lack of memory space. Even if I delete some pictures, ALL of my messages, and some apps, I still can't get my messages that people have sent to me. This has happened more than twice. I've had the phone for atleast 4-5 months. My auto-sync has disabled since the last time. I've given up on this phone. Any idea what could be causing this?

I think it might be the Yahoo! Messenger app...

Please HELP!!!

Have you cleared your browser cache? That thing can get big in a hurry!

Yep, I actually gone through and tried to clear all cache of any app that I had. And I've got a little more than half of Memory available for use.

Ads