copy data in email to contacts

This is a discussion on copy data in email to contacts within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I copied some contact data on my desktop and emailed it to my gmail. I wanted to open the email on my ally and copy ...

Thread: copy data in email to contacts

I copied some contact data on my desktop and emailed it to my gmail. I wanted to open the email on my ally and copy the info into my contacts.

I cannot figure out how to do it ..... I guess i basically need the instructions for a click and drad move on my phone to highlight text to copy to contacts.

thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think you are going about it the wrong way. If it was me, I would just import the contact data into Gmail and then let it sync to my phone.
    Motorola Droid 4

I wish there was a drag feature! If I am out and away from my computer I save the contact info the long and convoluted way. I hope this is fixed in an update.

For an E-mail address:

1. Hit reply. The E-mail address is now in the To field. (If the address is a CCed address it will be listed in the message. Touch it and hit it as if you will write to that address.)

2. Now go into the To Field and put the cursor at either end of the address.

3. Hold down Caps and use the Directional Pad to highlight the E-mail address.

4. While the address is highlighted, hold Menu + C to Copy the address. (The OK button in the D-Pad can also be used to open the menu that includes Copy.)

5. Hit the Home Key. This will Save the Message as a Draft and take you to the Home Screen.

6. Open the Contact App.

7. Add New Contact or Edit Existing Contact.

8. When in the correct field hit Menu + V to paste the address. (Again, OK in the D-Pad will offer Paste as a choice.)

9. Move the cursor to any other field to ensure this info will be saved when you back out.

Or, if I want more pieces of info than one E-mail address, like if someone sent me their mailing address, phone and E-mail, I use Forward instead of Reply so I can still see the entire E-mail. Then I re-write the pieces of info I want saved. I know no other way to copy this info than to re-write it. I copy everything I rewrote and temporarily paste it into the Contact's "Notes." Then I plug the info into each appropriate field.

See! It's VERY convoluted but the easiest way I found using only the phone, so far.

PS- Remember that Holding Home will offer your last 6 programs so when in Contacts and the info is saved, Hold Home to get back to Gmail and the open draft you made faster. Also remember to delete your false drafts when done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I think you are going about it the wrong way. If it was me, I would just import the contact data into Gmail and then let it sync to my phone.

Here is the info I needed to save in my phone --

If you have any information in reference to David Derouin please contact the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force at 1-866-4WANTED.

I am a newbie and not quite understand what you mean by the sync .....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links