Copying pictures from gallery to SD card

This is a discussion on Copying pictures from gallery to SD card within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've been trying to figure out how to move the 100+ pictures that are in my gallery to my sd card. I think my big ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copying pictures from gallery to SD card

I've been trying to figure out how to move the 100+ pictures that are in my gallery to my sd card. I think my big issue is that my phone is not showing an sd card file within the gallery. I've plugged it into the computer, downloaded Dual File Manager on the phone and dont know what to do from there. I'd like to get all the pictures on the SD card so I can bring the card to CVS to get the pics printed. HELP!!!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Your pics and videos from the camera are saved in the DCIM folder. DCIM = Digital Camera Images. Check out the Tutorial Section here in these forums for more info.

Okay, I think I'm honestly missing something in my phone! I've mounted it to the computer, found the DCIM folder, I select all the pictures but there isnt an SD folder anywhere on the "removable disk" for me to copy the pictures to. My husband has the same phone and when he opens his gallery he has an SD folder already set up in the gallery. I do not. Am I missing something as far as how to get the SD card folder set up?

Your pictures should already be on the SD card. it soudns like you are trying to move them to a location that they are already on??

Are you kidding me! I've been under the assumption that the pics were all stored on the phone's memory and not the SD card. I guess I'll just have to take the SD card to CVS and definately see whats on there! So all pics and videos are automatically stored on the SD card???????????

If you have an SD card in then yes, the videos should automatically go there. if i'm wrong someone correct me.... P.S. you will need an microsd card adapter if you plan on taking it to CVS. There is no slot for microsd cards on those do-it-yourself-photo machines. I keep a USB adapter on my keychain, very handy.

Yes, your pictures and videos are automatically stored onto the SD Card. Sorry, My3Boys, I made the assumption that that was known. As a matter of fact your camera will not work without an SD Card installed. When connected to the computer, your SD Card is the same "Removable Disk" you were talking about.

Check out Picasa! It is the Free Google program for picture storage. You can send your pictures to your Picasa account with the phone. Picasa uses your same Google account info, too, so your pictures are accessible on your phone when you have a connection. Also, once on Picasa or your computer, you can upload pics to CVS' photo site. For this you probably need your computer because CVS' Photo upload site uses Java... and because you are doing more than 100 pictures at a time. I *think* you can upload many photos and then choose which you want printed, but I only peeked at the CVS site. You'll have to read the instructions there.

Good luck,

Q

OH OH OH! VERY IMPORTANT!!

Do not just take out your SD card willy-nilly. You must go to Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage Settings > Unmount SD card for safe removal.

If you upload your photos there is no real reason to remove the SD card, anyway. A real plus IMO!

No, this isn't correct. I have an Ally and all pictures are being stored on the phone. I called Verizon and they couldn't tell me how to change this. I was going to call back and talk to someone else, but just haven't done it yet.

Given the total amount of RAM on the Ally and the amount taken up by the bloatware that Verizon has decided we need to have and are not allowed to remove you would not have room for even a couple of photos much less 100 photo's on the phone's internal memory. So I have to think that the Verizon rep is either thinking of one of the other phones which has more internal memory or is just mistaken.

Edited to add: I went and unmounted my SD card and when I went to open the gallery it told me the SD card was unmounted, that tells me that the photo's are on the SD card. Try it yourself just to be sure how your phone works.
    Last edited by sherongb; 11-18-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads