"Where" app disappearing

This is a discussion on "Where" app disappearing within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; The Ol' Lady and I bought two Allys. I downloaded an app called Where that comes in very handy to find out local stuff. Mine ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Where" app disappearing

The Ol' Lady and I bought two Allys. I downloaded an app called Where that comes in very handy to find out local stuff. Mine works OK (except can't seem to find my localion-I have to enter it manually (and yes, GPS is turned on). On hers, the app just...went away. It shows installed under settings, but isn't to be found! I uninstalled/reinstalled a few times-works immediately after installing, turn the phone off, back on, it's gone! Possibility raised that it's conflicting with another app on hers but I dumped stuff from hers so she pretty much has what I have...no change. Ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Does yours still work after a reboot?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
    The Ol' Lady and I bought two Allys. I downloaded an app called Where that comes in very handy to find out local stuff. Mine works OK (except can't seem to find my localion-I have to enter it manually (and yes, GPS is turned on). On hers, the app just...went away. It shows installed under settings, but isn't to be found! I uninstalled/reinstalled a few times-works immediately after installing, turn the phone off, back on, it's gone! Possibility raised that it's conflicting with another app on hers but I dumped stuff from hers so she pretty much has what I have...no change. Ideas?
    It looks like this app is effected by a Bug in the latest version of the Ally Firmware... We're working on getting an update out... It seems that this mostly effects Protected applications, but "Where" is a free app... On my system it works fine until I shut down or Reboot and then, like you said, it disappears. I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear any news.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Does yours still work after a reboot?

MINE does, hers won't. We bought 'em both at the same time, a week later I swapped mine for another (lousy battery life).

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    It looks like this app is effected by a Bug in the latest version of the Ally Firmware... We're working on getting an update out... It seems that this mostly effects Protected applications, but "Where" is a free app... On my system it works fine until I shut down or Reboot and then, like you said, it disappears. I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear any news.

Thanks!

I don't know if your problem is related to the bug LG was talking about or not. The bug causes any app that is "Protected" to stop working on a reboot. Most "Protected" apps are paid apps but there are some free apps that are also "Protected". Paypal is an example. I have not yet experienced a "Protected" app working on one Ally and not another so your issue is unique.
    Motorola Droid 4

Best. Post Title. Ever.

(GL)

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Best. Post Title. Ever.

(GL)

Kinda ironic, innit.

Well, when my Ally died, I had Verizon swap me for a refurbed one. I downloaded Where to it and it worked...til I shut it off. When I turned it back on, it was gone. Apps SHOWS it installed, but there's no icon for it anywhere-just like the 'ol lady's.

Have you considered the already installed App called Places, which is part of Google Maps/Navigation/Car Home? It sounds like it would do the same thing. You can find Places in your App Drawer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links