Contact problems

This is a discussion on Contact problems within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi, My contacts are all setup in gmail and when I go online, they look fine but on my phone they are alphabetized by first ...

Thread: Contact problems

Hi,

My contacts are all setup in gmail and when I go online, they look fine but on my phone they are alphabetized by first name. As there seems to be no way that I can go right to the letter of the first name, this is very cumbersome. Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you scroll your contacts, a tab will show up on the right side of the screen. It kinda looks like the tabs that were used in old phone books. If you touch that tab, you can then scroll by letters. It isn't very efficient but if you have a lot of contacts it helps some.

Motorola Droid 4

That is very clunky but thanks. Is there no way to reorder so that my contacts are listed by last name? I don't quite understand why they are listed by first name in Ally but last name in gmail.

I must apologize. If I click and drag the icon, it scrolls through the alphabet and that is very helpful. Thank you. Now if I only could figure out way it is sorting by first name, I might be able to find everyone a little quicker.

Mine is also by last name in gmail but by first name on the phones contacts. this must be by design.

Mine is by first name in both. In Gmail, you can change it to be listed either way.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links