Ally died...

This is a discussion on Ally died... within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Last night my Ally just blacked out and I couldn't restart it. I pulled the battery out and replaced it, and was able to reboot. ...

Thread: Ally died...

Last night my Ally just blacked out and I couldn't restart it. I pulled the battery out and replaced it, and was able to reboot. Today, that happened again-FOUR TIMES. Now, it just won't respond, so I guess tomorrow I go to Verizon and pitch a fit. Oh yeah- we have TWO of them...I'm wondering if the other one will do the same thing. Sound familiar to anybody here?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
    Last night my Ally just blacked out and I couldn't restart it. I pulled the battery out and replaced it, and was able to reboot. Today, that happened again-FOUR TIMES. Now, it just won't respond, so I guess tomorrow I go to Verizon and pitch a fit. Oh yeah- we have TWO of them...I'm wondering if the other one will do the same thing. Sound familiar to anybody here?

Got a new (refurbed) one. They don't send them with a battery or a back. We'll see how it goes...

I'm having the same issue! When I text the phone freezes then powers down or I have to pull out the battery! I called Verizon today and they are sending me a new one. Hopefully that one works!

Well, so far so good...

Quote Originally Posted by mz_pretzel View Post
    I'm having the same issue! When I text the phone freezes then powers down or I have to pull out the battery! I called Verizon today and they are sending me a new one. Hopefully that one works!

Are you using the stock messaging app or something like handcent?

Nope I called verizon and we did a hard restart on my phone... he said it was 1 of 4 things... #1 lack of memory do to too many apps (it wasn't) #2 An app I had downloaded messing up the phone (it wasn't) #3 a software problem (it wasn't) .... the hard restart wiped all the apps I had on it and should have fixed any software issues he said and even with the phone back to factory condition it was still freezing with every text... So he said it was #4 a bad phone.... So I should be getting a new one in the mail today. Hopefully this one works because I like the phone! If it doesn't tho I'm going to get a different phone all together, he said I could do that because it's in the first 30 days

Ok well got my new phone and it did it again so I'm getting a different phone... no more Ally for me

Quote Originally Posted by j4Yt33 View Post
    Are you using the stock messaging app or something like handcent?

With mine it didn't matter WHAT was running-it just froze. New one's OK so far...

My phone don't freeze when texting. It does however freeze when I am on facebook for 15 minutes at a time. Sometimes it just ends up restarting the browser, but more and more frequently its been restarting back to the android screen (phone restarts skipping Verizon Wireless screen).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links