Home wi-fi question?

This is a discussion on Home wi-fi question? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hello, I am wondering if I connect my new LG Ally to my home network through it's wi-fi will I be using my data through ...

Thread: Home wi-fi question?

Hello, I am wondering if I connect my new LG Ally to my home network through it's wi-fi will I be using my data through Verizon? These new smartphones may just be too complicated for me. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No, using WiFi does not use any of your data on the account.
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks for the reply, that was my suspicion all along but just feel better knowing from an experienced user.

Thanks for the reply, that was my suspicion all along but just feel better knowing from an experienced user.

Not to be bothersome to the community here with my nagging questions. The salesman said being a light user the 150mb plan would be enough for myself. I was wondering exactly how much usage you all are seeing on the LG Ally?

I didn't really pay attention to the post because I am on an unlimited plan. However, I know there is a post that mentions this very thing. Someone even mentions a program that will alert you as you approach your threshold, per your settings.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    About 10 times that pretty easily.

"3G Watchdog" is the App that will monitor your usage.

I'm around 900 MB a month but I have the unlimeted plan too.
    Motorola Droid 4

Thanks for the app suggestion. Installed it this morning and monitored my usage over the day. Really useful tool.

I see that it's going to be nearly impossible to not go over the 150, so it seems I will be switching to Unlimited and enjoying the phone the way it was meant to be used.

Thanks again for the help from everyone, great community you guys have going here.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links