Contacts w/ company names don't display

This is a discussion on Contacts w/ company names don't display within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've gotten down most of the quirkiness on the Ally as far as displaying contact, but this one has me vexed. My contacts that are ...

Thread: Contacts w/ company names don't display

I've gotten down most of the quirkiness on the Ally as far as displaying contact, but this one has me vexed. My contacts that are entered in by company name only do not appear in the contacts list. The phone still recognizes the entries if I manually dial the number, so they must be in the phone somewhere, just not displaying.

Entries with both personal name & company name will appear by the personal name. So:

Name: John Smith / Company: Acme Inc. Will display in Contacts as John Smith

Name: John Smith / Company: Will display in Contacts as John Smith

Name: / Company: Acme Inc. Will not display in Contacts

I want to store a lot of company contact information in my contacts without any specific person as the contact name. Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

We have offices in many different cities. I like to have them in my contacts for GPS so I just list the location as the Contact Name.

Motorola Droid 4

Can't you enter the first name as "Acme" and the last name as "Inc."? My deliver places are in as "New Dragon" (or whatever) as a first name.

I'm having a similar problem & was trying to find a way to "sort" my contacts. A way to filter (like I could on my Blackberry) & have been unable to do so. I'm not good with names but can remember where someone works or something but I can't get it to let me search that way. Not the exact problem you have but similar. ??

Thank you to those of you who replied with potential solutions, but they are certainly not what I'm looking for. I don't want to have to spend a lot of time going through and adding fake &/or redundant contact names & have to do so with each new company contact that I add. Does anyone know of an update or a new app or a different method of searching that will be much less time consuming, frustrating, & redundant?

I don't know what to tell you. I have had no problems with the way contacts work so have not tried any other apps. You'll just have to browse the market and try them until you find one that you like.

I did just edit a contact so that only the company name was filled in and it still shows up in my contact list.

I also created a new contact with just a company name and phone number and it also shows up in my contact list.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links