Constant LED Light for Received Texts?

This is a discussion on Constant LED Light for Received Texts? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I miss my Blackberry with its LED that would flash every second or so to alert me I had a text. I either want a ...

Thread: Constant LED Light for Received Texts?

Constant LED Light for Received Texts?

I miss my Blackberry with its LED that would flash every second or so to alert me I had a text. I either want a constant LED light on after I've received a text, or something that flashes quickly like the LED on the blackberry did.

The closest I've gotten is using Handcent and messing with the LED flash frequencies but it's still not as often as I'd like. Any apps or tweaks that would help with this would be greatly appreciated!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is a free app called "missed call" that is supposed to do this too, but I haven't quite got it working the way I want. You add each item you want it to control as a service and then customize what it does for each one.

It doesn't seem to make sounds repeat, which is what I really want, but you can control the LED to some extent and it does seems to vibrate the phone every few minutes. I keep going back & forth with it. I never hear my phone anyway, so I'd like it to beep at me every few minutes when I have a missed call or text, etc. Vibrate doesn't help much either, since if it is in my jacket pocket, I don't feel it vibrate..sometimes the phone vibrating on a table I can hear from the other end of the house, but I'll miss it in my pocket.

You might try the free app SMS Popup. It lets you change the frequency of the alerts, how it alerts, and it also will wake the phone up with a quick-reply feature when you have an incoming text, if you want it to. I like SMS Popup because all it messes with is notifications, not the actual message format itself.

Quote Originally Posted by roseandthorn View Post
    I miss my Blackberry with its LED that would flash every second or so to alert me I had a text. I either want a constant LED light on after I've received a text, or something that flashes quickly like the LED on the blackberry did.

The closest I've gotten is using Handcent and messing with the LED flash frequencies but it's still not as often as I'd like. Any apps or tweaks that would help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I agree, i dont know why there is not an option to have constant led. Handcent allowed my original droid to have constant led by endering on 5000 mil secs and off 0 mil secs, but now on my droid 4 it just reverts to the default blink rate, even if i change the presets fast, slow, default whatever. Same is with all of the other aps that allow frequency change.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links