Auto-correct spelling

This is a discussion on Auto-correct spelling within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there any way to get the Device Keyboard (the built-in keyboard) to auto-correct spelling? I've gone to the Keyboard Settings and turned on Auto-replace ...

Thread: Auto-correct spelling

Android Lurker dadamsfwsymphony@gmail.com's Avatar
    Is there any way to get the Device Keyboard (the built-in keyboard) to auto-correct spelling? I've gone to the Keyboard Settings and turned on Auto-replace which should "correct mistyped words" but it doesn't seem to do anything. What exactly is Auto-replace supposed to do? The "quick fixes" and "show suggestions" for the Android keyboard (the onscreen touch keyboard) work as they are supposed to.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dadams View Post
    Is there any way to get the Device Keyboard (the built-in keyboard) to auto-correct spelling? I've gone to the Keyboard Settings and turned on Auto-replace which should "correct mistyped words" but it doesn't seem to do anything. What exactly is Auto-replace supposed to do? The "quick fixes" and "show suggestions" for the Android keyboard (the onscreen touch keyboard) work as they are supposed to.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Setting>Language and Keyboard>Android Keyboard>Quick fixes Make sure it has a green check.

Sorry...misread your question. Auto replace doesn't fix the spelling. It will type in the word tha tis highlighted orange in the word suggestions if you hit the space bar so you don't have to finish typing the word.

All of my options in the setting you suggested are checked green but I've never had it suggest another word or anything? I got very used to the auto fill type stuff that was on my blackberry (it recognized things the more often I typed them) & I really miss it with the Ally.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links