150mb vs unlimited

This is a discussion on 150mb vs unlimited within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; What apps does she have installed?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150mb vs unlimited

What apps does she have installed?

Here is another thread abut the $15 data plan: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/15...zon-data-plan/

One thing to keep in mind is that even if you go over 150 MB it still may be cheaper for you to have the $15 data plan instead of the unlimited. At 10 cents per minute, you could go up to 300 MB before you would go over $30. But in my opinion even that is too low.
    Motorola Droid 4

We went to the Verizon store for a number of issues today.

The first being to see why my wife's phone was sucking in so much data when phone wasn't being used.

It turns out my wife had logged into facebook and never logged out. Facebook as sending large amounts of data to the phone every time it update.

We simply logged out of facebook and the problem is gone.

However, the tech at Verizon pulled my wife's battery and lost all her contacts.

I was doing some research tonight and it looks like your best course of action is to have all contacts in a google account so you can sync them if they get lost.

Also if you use google search to "Call Fred Mobile" will the voice dialing also work if you're using bluetooth at the time? Thanks.

good ton know about the facebook page thing.

This was my first weekend with the phone, i was out and about all weekend, so it was a good test of the 150 MB plan for me

as of right now, I'm at 7 MB used, and that was hours out of my house a lil web browsing and a few downloads for my kid while we were out eating.

i could be the exception where i dont stream music. i actually don't like the Pandora website, i like to listen to what i want, when i want, so i have a ton of music on my card its not even funny.

i basically use it for email, on demand web searches, and Google calender syncs between a shared calender my wife and i have. so far the limited plan is working for me. (i will admit that having 80% of my time between work and home is on Wifi.)

My wife and I both previously had the unlimited plan until the 150mb came out and we both decided to change to save some money. She has an Ally and I have a BB Storm 2. Both of us mostly connect and use our phones while at home under a Wifi connection. My wife uses her phone 50% less than me but she is using about double the MB looking at her usage online, our cycle started again on the 25th and she already and used 2wice as much data as me up 30mb as of today and we noticed that something is using small amounts of data every 20 min even at night while sleeping and when the phone is at home connected to Wifi. The only apps she uses is Facebook and plays the Angry Birds game. We had previously downloaded ATK because we noticed Running services of google talk, back-up assistant, and skype, none of these programs are downloaded and im not even sure why they keep showing up as running services. I got rid of the ATK because i noticed it was not even killing those apps all the time as they would still show up running. She has a GMail account that was previously synched on the phone which i thought might be using data all the time so i also changed that to using just the regular email app with 1hr checks for email. Called Verizon tech support and they were useless couldnt even try to help. Does anyone know of an APP that shows what applications are using data? Does anyone have this problem of seeing running apps that are not even installed and does anyone know if they use MB? By the way i have unchecked back ground synching not sure if this has helped yet

Please Help and Thank you

Oh by the way I forgot to mention on Face book she stays logged in but it is configured to never update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links