earpiece speaker

This is a discussion on earpiece speaker within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I had my first Ally for just about a month, and the earpiece speaker went bad. It was all distorted and couldn't hear a conversation. ...

Thread: earpiece speaker

I had my first Ally for just about a month, and the earpiece speaker went bad. It was all distorted and couldn't hear a conversation. I brought it back to VZW, and they gave me a brand new phone. Had to reload everything, finally got it all back and running, and 3 weeks later I have another bad speaker. I haven't seen any other comments or problems like this.. What the heck could be going on? I have my own ringers I use, but I've used them on a few different phones in the past and haven't had the problem. I think the ringers go through the external speaker anyway, don't they?

Also, I noticed that when they gave me the new phone, they never did a reset on the old one they took back. After the guy got my new phone online, I powered up the old phone and it was still able to log into my account. I'm not real happy about that, and the guy said they would clear it out. Is that normal with the smart phones or should I have done something different when I turned it in. I will be going back to the store to get rid of this one.. I'm going to try to get them to give me a different phone..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Do a factory reset before you turn it in. That way all your data will be erased.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Do a factory reset before you turn it in. That way all your data will be erased.

Thanks.. I'll do that when I turn this phone in..

No one else has had issues with the internal speaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Thanks.. I'll do that when I turn this phone in..

No one else has had issues with the internal speaker?

I'm having this problem now, can only make calls in speaker mode. Very strange though, when using the earpiece the microphone is disabled, but it works when on speaker. Going to the Verizon store probably for a new phone soon, unless there's a solution?

I had 3 bad phones, all earpiece speakers dead after about 3 weeks...I got my first phone on Sept 24 and by Dec6, the 3rd one was dead. I think I finally got the problem fixed for good. I complained loud enough to the store manager and he got me out of the Ally and into a Droid 2. I miss a few features with the Ally, especially the keyboard. I don't miss reloading all my apps and setting the phone up every few weeks. The screen, camera and the speed make me wish I had just bought the Droid 2 originally.

I also read on the LG forum about a few others with this issue. Its thought to be something with the speaker connection on the board. If you press on the area where the speaker cutout is, you may be able to make the speaker work better, but still not acceptable. Its not an issue that will fix itself other than replacing the phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links