Suddenly Low Speaker Volume

This is a discussion on Suddenly Low Speaker Volume within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I was having the same problem discussed in http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/13...ep-going-away/ , and fortunately the SD card remount fixed it. However I now seem to be having ...

Thread: Suddenly Low Speaker Volume

I was having the same problem discussed in http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/13...ep-going-away/, and fortunately the SD card remount fixed it. However I now seem to be having a new problem of a severely reduced volume on the exterior speaker. The media volume is at maximum, which previous made the phone's notification sounds so loud as to be obnoxious (and I didn't keep it there for that reason). At the moment, however, the a volume setting that high is the only thing that makes things audible from the speaker.

This has been happening for about the last 24 hours.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not expert, but I would check any recently installed apps that have control of your sound. They could have modified the settings on your phone. I installed several apps (a poker app is what I *think* caused my problem) and had my sounds screwed up. My notification sounds were distorted and once I uninstalled the app, things were fine. So, I'd start there if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    I'm not expert, but I would check any recently installed apps that have control of your sound. They could have modified the settings on your phone. I installed several apps (a poker app is what I *think* caused my problem) and had my sounds screwed up. My notification sounds were distorted and once I uninstalled the app, things were fine. So, I'd start there if I were you.

Thanks for that help. I gave that a shot with the only app in that ilk, Angry Birds, but the problem persists.

Have you used your headphones? I've read that there is something screwy with the headphone jack not releasing once you pull the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Have you used your headphones? I've read that there is something screwy with the headphone jack not releasing once you pull the plug.

I do use the headphone jack frequently. Is the jack issue you mention an all or nothing issue? There is some audio coming through the external speaker after removing the plug (though the phone helpfully pauses any media at the point of removal.) I'm able to start the audio again and it comes through the speaker, but softly. The level of volume indicated does not seem to correspond to what I'm hearing anymore.

I know this has been a while, but was there any successful way to get the volume back to 'normal' levels?

This is happening on my wife's phone, and I have tried rebooting, pulling the battery and pulling headphones in and out. Also, when listening in the headphones, the volume was really low as well, so I'm sure this is something in the system somewhere.

The phone is running the 2.2.1 update.

Thanks,

Tithefug

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links