Sorry if this question is already out there somewhere. I couldn't find an answer when I searched... I want to set up my work email. It' an outlook account, so I'm selecting "exchange". It won't connect to server in gmail. Tried K9. Same problem. I set it up no problem when I had my blackberry. Can't figure out what I did on the blackberry that I'm not doing now. Saw the advice to make sure authentication is checked, but I don't even see where I have that option. Someone help please!
11-12-2010 06:23 AM
I think Gmail will only work with Google accounts. Did you try the other default email program?
Android Jr Member
Originally Posted by huh?
There are a couple of ways you can do it. The easiest way is to do as follows.
Or you can:
- Open the Applications window and locate the "Email" Icon.... Not the "GMail Icon.
- When you open it for the first time, it will prompt you for the needed information, like Email Address, Domain Name, Email Server Name, Password and so on...
- Make sure you select SSL security options and name the account, and you should see it start syncing.
Right now there are some issues with the way Android "Emulates" the Exchange client so you might experience some issues... If you do, there are a couple of commercial solutions that will help you get Email and Calender information until the Ally gets the Android 2.2 update. 2.2 actually Licensed the Exchange client so it's a little more reliable.... Two solutions are either "TouchDown" or "RoadSync" both are in the Android Market and have a 2 week trial period.... They are both good and their setup is the same as the built in client...
- Go to the Settings from the Home Screen and Choose "Accounts & Sync" and Choose "Add Account" at the bottom of the screen
- Choose "Corporate" from the list of account types.
- Fill in all of the needed information.
Tried your suggestions with the built in email. Won't connect to server. Just interested in free apps for now. Not worried about syncing with the calendar because I don't use it. Just want to be able to keep tabs on things through email. Appreciate your reply! I'll keep looking for other ideas...