multiple photo folders

This is a discussion on multiple photo folders within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi, I'm a professional photographer. I'd like to have a place on my Ally for personal photos and professional photos. Is there any way to ...

Thread: multiple photo folders

Hi,

I'm a professional photographer. I'd like to have a place on my Ally for personal photos and professional photos. Is there any way to create more than one folder on the SD card that will show up as separate folders under gallery? Right now if I get into gallery I see my_pix and my_flix. I'd like to see my_pix, my_pix2, my_flix or something like that.

Or are there any apps that would allow me to have two icons on my display areas that would go into two separate slide shows? Anything to separate pro from personal. Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is a good thread that discusses SD Card Folder Structure. It will explain how to create different folders etc.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy09 View Post
    Hi,

I'm a professional photographer. I'd like to have a place on my Ally for personal photos and professional photos. Is there any way to create more than one folder on the SD card that will show up as separate folders under gallery? Right now if I get into gallery I see my_pix and my_flix. I'd like to see my_pix, my_pix2, my_flix or something like that.

Or are there any apps that would allow me to have two icons on my display areas that would go into two separate slide shows? Anything to separate pro from personal. Thanks!

The Ally should find all of your Photos in any folder you create... It sounds like you upgraded the Ally from another Verizon Phone?? The "my_pix" folder naming style is something that is done on the LG "Feature" and doesn't really matter on the Ally. For Organizational reasons, I create Sub folders in the DCIM Folder, by Default their is a "Camera" Folder, but create others and place selected photos in each one. They show up in the Gallery listed by Folders.

Perfect! Thank you. Yes you are right, I took an SD out of an LG Dare and put it into the ally. It found my videos and pics, but I wasn't able to do separate folders. Now under DCIM I have camera, family, wedding, portraits, etc. THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by LG_Pro View Post
    The Ally should find all of your Photos in any folder you create... It sounds like you upgraded the Ally from another Verizon Phone?? The "my_pix" folder naming style is something that is done on the LG "Feature" and doesn't really matter on the Ally. For Organizational reasons, I create Sub folders in the DCIM Folder, by Default their is a "Camera" Folder, but create others and place selected photos in each one. They show up in the Gallery listed by Folders.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy09 View Post
    Perfect! Thank you. Yes you are right, I took an SD out of an LG Dare and put it into the ally. It found my videos and pics, but I wasn't able to do separate folders. Now under DCIM I have camera, family, wedding, portraits, etc. THANK YOU!

Did you re-format the SD Card after switching the card between pones? The Android system has it's own format structure and you could have issues down the road if you didn't.

Here is the link to the folder structure I mentioned before: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/70...der-structure/
    Motorola Droid 4

I did format the new 16g mini sd cards with the phone. Thanks.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links