Ally can't access internet

This is a discussion on Ally can't access internet within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So in an attempt to clear up some space (which was probably unnecessary in the first place) i went into the think free office manager ...

Thread: Ally can't access internet

So in an attempt to clear up some space (which was probably unnecessary in the first place) i went into the think free office manager and i think I deleted some pretty important files. Since the mass deletion my internet has not been working. at all. i've been thinking of doing a factory reset but am not sure if this will bring success.

any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you rooted? If not, your operational files are write-protected. Even your default ringtones cannot be removed. Without more information, a factory reset is a worthy option. Could you have simply deleted the cache that holds your log-on information?

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Are you rooted? If not, your operational files are write-protected. Even your default ringtones cannot be removed. Without more information, a factory reset is a worthy option. Could you have simply deleted the cache that holds your log-on information?

hi,

i am definitely not rooted, not even sure what that means exactly. i think you're right about the cache file. a friend of mine suggested just creating another one, so i did. the only way i knew how was to hook my phone up to my computer via usb and manually go into the cell phone's files and create a new folder. there are no files in the folder, but the internet has come back. so i'm not sure if it was all just a set of weird coincidences, that verizon happened to have a glitch after i went on a cleaning spree and the glitches were resolved after i did some minor repair work?

thanks for your suggestions!

For what it's worth, my internet/3G went down Sunday evening. I had deleted the browser data and cache (not sure why I cleared data, but whatever LOL). I don't know if it caused the problem or if it was coincidence, but after reading about others losing 3G it could be something to do with a Verizon rolling outage for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kollwitz View Post
    the only way i knew how was to hook my phone up to my computer via usb and manually go into the cell phone's files and create a new folder. there are no files in the folder, but the internet has come back.

Creating a file on the SD Card did not reconnect your phone to the Internet. One has no baring on the other. What I was referring to was the cache in the phone that stored your WiFi connection information. I thought perhaps you removed that information so you could no longer connect. What you write regarding "creating another one" falls in line here.

But, if you do not have a WiFi connection, Ak8s' suggestion may be more accurate. Did you have any bars when this happened? I don't need 3G to connect to the Internet. One or two bars will still get me online, but the connection is not as fast. So, I am not sure this is explained unless you simply had no VW service at the time. Please repost if it happens again. I have not read about this problem (or perhaps you are under-reporting what is happening).

I am glad your problem is resolved. In general, after I've tried fixing any wacky behavior, I do a simple reboot. Turning the phone off then on has helped me not fret the small stuff. It usually fixes itself. Then, after failed attempts or if the phone freezes, try to pull the battery for a few seconds, AKA a hard reboot.

Welcome to the Ally. It's pretty cool, eh?

Post Buy your Brand New BlackBerry Torch----------$350

ALMAN LIMITED
    EMAIL US AT: almanianstores@mail2uk.com

*Buy 2 units get 1 free + Our Company Commercial T Shirt + free shipment.
    *Buy 5 units get 2 free + Our Company Commercial T Shirt + free shipment.
    *Buy 10 units and get Extra 3 units free + Our Company Commercial T Shirt + free shipment + an additional discount of 10%.

Apple Iphone 4G HD 32GB Unlocked
    Blackberry Torch 9800 Unlocked
    Nokia N8 Unlocked
    HTC Evo 4G Unlocked
    Samsung I9000 Galaxy S

Each Package contains

* 1 Phone
    * 1 Battery
    * 1 Charger
    * 1 Data Cable
    * 1 Stereo Handsfree
    * 1 User's Guide

The Mobile Phones are :
    Brand New
    Unlocked
    Factory Sealed
    12 months manufactuere warranty and also works with all network operators in the world.

Please note: This phone is unlocked and can be used with Micro SIM card. No activation required (check carrier frequency requirements)

Carrier: AT&T (GSM based), T-Mobile, and Other GSM carriers*
    Please check compatibility with your service provider
    Technology: 3G EURO Standard, Quad Band 850/900/1800/1900
    Feature: 5+ Megapixel Camera, Bluetooth, Calendar, Camera, Candy Bar Form, Edge, Email Client, FM Radio, GPS / Location, High-Speed Data GPRS, Megapixel Camera, MP3, Smartphone, Speaker Phone, Video Capture, Video Clip, Wi-Fi

For inquires you can contact us with the below options
    Contact us :
    Email : almanianstores@mail2uk.com

For Chat only add us on:
    Gtalk : almanianstores@gmail.com
    Yahoo Messenger: almanianstores@yahoo.com
    MSN : almanianstores@live.com

Hours of operation:
    Monday Thursday 8:00am 9:00pm EST
    Friday 9:00am 8:00pm EST
    Saturday Sunday- 9:00am 8:00pm EST.

Yours Sincerely