Gallery is gone!

This is a discussion on Gallery is gone! within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I went to take a picture this evening and the camera shot the photo and then froze. I went home and then into the gallery. ...

Thread: Gallery is gone!

I went to take a picture this evening and the camera shot the photo and then froze. I went home and then into the gallery. The picture was not there. I went to retro camera and took a picture. The picture showed up then. However, the main photo album (my default gallery) is completely GONE. I tried using the computer to see if perhaps the pics were there somewhere and I can't see them on the phone. Nope. Gone. All gone.

HELP!!!!

Can I recover these photos??

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Moved this from the Intro section,..

keys11, has this still been a problem? Did you ever format your card in your phone?

Check out my Picasa Web Albums post about free web pic/video storage from Google. Not that this would have helped, but it may prove useful to you in the future.

I just had the EXACT same problem tonight! I was taking pics and the camera was acting really funny (I've had this about a month now). Some pics were just white, others were only half there, the rest of the screen was black, some just never showed up. I went in to delete these pics that didn't work out and IT DELETED MY ENTIRE GALLERY!!!! I was SO upset!!!!

Still, I figured I had hope with the SD card. I popped it out and took it to my computer...NADA!!!! There is nothing on there! No pics, no downloads...nothing! 3.68 space available, none used!!!!

Anyone know why this isn't automatically saving to my SD card like all my other LG phones have in the past?

Qasar, I saw you posted asking if the other person had formatted the SD card that came with it...are we supposed to do that before it saves to the card?

Also like Keys11, is there any hope for recovering the missing gallery? I mean there is absolutely nada on that SD card.

Please help! I don't want a phone for another 2 years that isn't going to save to my SD card!!!!

I didn't format the card initially. A few months ago (Sept?) the phone would say something about no card. Like it was dislodged. After I formatted the SD Card I have had no problems. The camera is reliant on the SD Card. I think both issues are card related and not camera related.

Do you ensure you dismount the card before disconnecting from a computer? I have a suspicion that the time I didn't dismount was the root of my problem, but of course I can't (and don't want to) prove it.

Ads