Ally and Android 2.1. - new version is "VZC"

This is a discussion on Ally and Android 2.1. - new version is "VZC" within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Originally Posted by suntech I downloaded this update this morning and it screwed up my Superuser access app. Is there a way I can revert ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ally and Android 2.1. - new version is "VZC"

Quote Originally Posted by suntech View Post
    I downloaded this update this morning and it screwed up my Superuser access app. Is there a way I can revert back?

I have the same problem, I rooted using Universal Androot 1.6.1 and it won't enable Superuser Permissions after the update. I can't unroot or re-root using Universal Androot. Anyone find out about this?

Quote Originally Posted by K-Takashi View Post
    Thanks for linking me to this one, Ally.

I also have a question that might be related to the update, although I'm thinking it's my launcher instead, so I have no clue, actually.

My wallpaper shifted after the update and reboot, and now shows the top part instead of the center of my wallpaper when in landscape view. Is this what the system does when I open the phone in landscape view? And is this something that can't be helped? Or is there a way to center the wallpaper?

I never paid much attention top it before. When I switch from portrait to landscape the image does switch to the top of the image.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I never paid much attention top it before. When I switch from portrait to landscape the image does switch to the top of the image.

Would there be a way to center wallpapers in landscape view, or is it just a system thing?

Not with the default home launcher. There are some other launchers on the market but I have never tried them.
    Motorola Droid 4

Hey Ally... Did you factory reset after this update like you have on the previous updates?

Ally, (as in the user). You said the update helped with the protected apps issue? It didnt for mine.. at all. I keep having trouble keeping "Daily Strip" (A comic application) upon reboot. I was rooted (using universal androot) But simply, unrooted then did the system update, and re rooted again. It didnt seem to cause any issues although a ! appeared on the download screen while it was happening. No issues, and my phone is running fine and its fully updated. Yet, still having the protected apps issue. Any chance you can download Daily Strip and tell me if it remains after a reboot on your Ally? Id appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Hey Ally... Did you factory reset after this update like you have on the previous updates?

I didn't at first. I wanted to give it a try first to see if I had any issues. But then I gave in and went ahead and did a factory reset.

@Jonotjohn

I downloaded the Daily Strip app and rebooted. The app was still working on the reboot. I am not rooted.
    Motorola Droid 4

I got the update, and my Cell standby is currently 75%.

It's the first update, though (first reboot) that didn't jettison some of my installed apps.

We also got the updated market with the option for automatic updates, at least I did. There is the market widget too, but I really can't figure out the point of it.

Although, I did notice that the 50% bug is back for me. It's funny, the VZB update killed some apps but fixed the 50% issue, now I have my apps back, but the bug is back also.

Wow.. thanks Ally. I guess being rooted even though I -un-rooted it before hand, somehow messed up the update. Is there anyway I can remove the update and try to re download it? Don't feel like factory re-setting. =/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links