forgotten or unknown screen passcode?

This is a discussion on forgotten or unknown screen passcode? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I'm noy really sure if the screen lock passcode was preset or if I set it and forgot the code but I tried everything id ...

Thread: forgotten or unknown screen passcode?

Android Lurker heythere_sunshinexdjf's Avatar
    I'm noy really sure if the screen lock passcode was preset or if I set it and forgot the code but I tried everything id make it so, is there a way to resest it or change it without know the passcode?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

After you screw up a few times, it will lock you out and on the right hand side at the bottom, there is a link that says something like 'forgot your passcode' or something similar. Touch it and it will take you to your gmail login. Once you log in with your gmail/password, it will let you reset your passcode lock.

I have same issue as heythere...

Per ak8s' reply, I "attempted" to reset the passcode about 20 times. Still no luck.

Ideas?

R

Oh, the one with the numbers? I think the default is four zeros. Try that and see if that works. I was talking about the pattern lock earlier.

Here is a thread about it. http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/15...ntry1000008515

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Oh, the one with the numbers? I think the default is four zeros. Try that and see if that works. I was talking about the pattern lock earlier.

Here is a thread about it. http://www.lgallyfor...entry1000008515

Nope - four zeros doesn't work either. Tells me that current passcode needs to be at least six characters. 000000 doesn't work either.

I turned on the pattern lock, but i'm a little paranoid that there is a passwd on the phone that I don't know.

Rumor is that the 2.2 OS update is coming in Feb. Do these OS updates require resetting the phone?

I found this while poking around on the interwebz... give it a try. Can't hurt.

If the lock code has been personalized the default codes will not work. Attempt to perform an OTA programming of the device (*228, select option 1). This should reset the lock code to the last four digits of the 10-digit mobile phone number.

So - after trying to reset the passcode 1,016,710 times (almost), turning pattern match on and off 2,387 times, standing on my head, rebooting, and scratching my back side in random sequences; I finally found the sequence that allowed me to change the default 000000 passcode. Just don't ask me to repeat or describe it. Thanks for your help.

Ads