magnetic closure pouch

This is a discussion on magnetic closure pouch within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Anyone have any problems with the LG Ally using a leather pouch with a magnetic closure ? I have been told not to use pouch ...

Thread: magnetic closure pouch

Anyone have any problems with the LG Ally using a leather pouch with a magnetic closure ? I have been told not to use pouch with the magnetic closure yet many places sell with this type for the Ally.......Thanks for input.

John

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I wouldn't use the magnetic pouch, because the magnet in my old pouch was strong enough to mess with some things on my Ally, like the GPS, strangely enough.

Even though I don't use pouches anymore, I'd just stick to pouches that use Velcro or metal snaps to stay closed, instead of magnets. Verizon also sells a holster/ hard case combo for the Ally, if you still want to clip the phone to a belt loop or your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Takashi View Post
    I wouldn't use the magnetic pouch, because the magnet in my old pouch was strong enough to mess with some things on my Ally, like the GPS, strangely enough.

Even though I don't use pouches anymore, I'd just stick to pouches that use Velcro or metal snaps to stay closed, instead of magnets. Verizon also sells a holster/ hard case combo for the Ally, if you still want to clip the phone to a belt loop or your pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Takashi View Post

Thank you very much for your opinion....I have a velcro pouch but don't like it......I have gotten many different opinions on this subject but wonder why they would sell so many types with the magnetic closures if it affects the Ally....Anyway, thanks again.

John

Johnd, why did you start a second thread about the same topic? http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/14...leather-pouch/

As mentioned in the first thread, I had no problems using the pouch with a magnet in it. As far as the GPS goes, I don't use the GPS if the phone is in my pouch.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Johnd, why did you start a second thread about the same topic? http://www.lgallyfor...-leather-pouch/

As mentioned in the first thread, I had no problems using the pouch with a magnet in it. As far as the GPS goes, I don't use the GPS if the phone is in my pouch.

Sorry Ally Android.........Didn't realize the other thread stayed so long....I still haven't received a definitive answer on this subject. I have contacted LG and they give me a run around without an answer one way or the other....Thanks for your input anyway....... Johnd

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links