Revert Back to 2.1?

This is a discussion on Revert Back to 2.1? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Is there a way to revert back to 2.1? Since the update I can no longer use superuser or universal androroot. This is bad beacuse ...

Thread: Revert Back to 2.1?

Is there a way to revert back to 2.1? Since the update I can no longer use superuser or universal androroot.

This is bad beacuse now I cant tether with barnacle.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    You're still on 2.1. Yes there are still ways to root. Have you tried a different version of Universal Androot?

I personally have no definitive answer, I never got the update and won't because of the custom recovery I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    You're still on 2.1. Yes there are still ways to root. Have you tried a different version of Universal Androot?

I personally have no definitive answer, I never got the update and won't because of the custom recovery I'm using.

Yes Im still on 2.1 but its 2.1 update1.

It gacked my root access. There is a manual update for universal root but I dont know how to do a manual update. I am searching for that now.

The Firmware version has always been 2.1 Update 1. The SW Version number is what we go by when we get an update. It was VS740ZVB but is now VS740ZVC.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    The Firmware version has always been 2.1 Update 1. The SW Version number is what we go by when we get an update. It was VS740ZVB but is now VS740ZVC.

Oh ok thanks Ally. Im still pretty new at this.

Any info on how I do a manual update on superuser? I have the file (zip) downloaded on my phone but I dont know what to do from there.

Sorry, I haven't gone down that path before. There are others here that will be able to help you.
    Motorola Droid 4

Look for an app in the Market named z4root. It is supposed to be able to root the new VZC update. Since i'm still on V8, I can't say if this infomration is correct, but I did read on AndroidForums that it will work.

I tried Z4root without any luck. At the start I just get the spinny thing saying its rooting or something but it just freezes.

The only reason I need to root is so I can use superuser and barnacle. There was a couple of other apps too but mainly I want to be able to tether (without using a cable). Not really concerned with custom roms and flashing and all that hooey.

Any help in that direction would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by suntech View Post
    I tried Z4root without any luck. At the start I just get the spinny thing saying its rooting or something but it just freezes.

The only reason I need to root is so I can use superuser and barnacle. There was a couple of other apps too but mainly I want to be able to tether (without using a cable). Not really concerned with custom roms and flashing and all that hooey.

Any help in that direction would be welcome.

Its funny that you are having that problem with z4root because I had the same problem with universalandroot. But when I tried this i was already on update1 sw740zvc...When universalandroot didnt work i used z4root and it worked fine with the new update. Maybe try clearing catch and all that in recovery and go back to stock then try it?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links