Data Usage on WiFi?

This is a discussion on Data Usage on WiFi? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hey folks, I just got my Ally today and I signed up for the 150 mb/mo plan. I've been at home all day and I ...

Thread: Data Usage on WiFi?

Hey folks, I just got my Ally today and I signed up for the 150 mb/mo plan. I've been at home all day and I had the phone connected to my WiFi. The phone seems to be switching from WiFi to 3G and back again repeatedly and for some reason, I've used almost 200kb of data in the last 6 hours. Why is this? I checked FB earlier and then an hour or so later logged out, yet I'm still slowly using data for some reason. Is there any way to disallow any unauthorized data usage? Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Please search the forum. This topic has already been covered.

http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/17...-vs-unlimited/

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Please search the forum. This topic has already been covered.

http://www.lgallyfor...b-vs-unlimited/

Thanks. I saw that thread title, but it didn't like like it had anything to do with my problem.

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post

Thanks. Hopefully that will help.

I didn't get an answer to the question on any of the links provided. Every time my phone "hibernates" it shuts off the wifi. It takes a minute to connect back up so if I start using data right away it uses it off my data plan. Also playing Pandora the screen goes dark and it switches off the wifi. This is really frustrating and I can't find an answer. I would like to use wifi only if possible, so it isn't switching back and forth and using up my 150 mb and I don't even know it!!!

How long is your display set to go before it hibernates? You can set it up to 30 min. I would suggest getting a stopwatch app, setting display length to 30 min, set the stopwatch to 28 min and every time it goes off restart it. That will keep you touching the screen before the screen hibernates and reset's the time before the screen hibernates.

If there is a better answer then maybe someone else can help but this is all I can come up with at this time.

Re keeping the phone from hibernating: I just read on another forum about an app called Caffeine. I have not tried it. What the person recommending it said was there was a little coffee cup icon that you could give a touch and your screen will stay on indefinitely until you touch the cup again to turn it off. Steam comes out of the cup to show you’ve got it on. Might be worth checking out and seeing if it works for you.

Erik, have you changed the WiFi sleep policy to Never? By default WiFi turns off with the screen to save battery.

Menu > Settings > Wireless & network > Wi-Fi settings > MENU > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never.

Yes I figured out the Wifi settings. I set it to turn off never and now it is good. Thanks!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links