How do you make calls while abroad?

This is a discussion on How do you make calls while abroad? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hi, I was wondering how to make phone calls while I am in Europe and Africa next month. I am interested in being able to ...

Thread: How do you make calls while abroad?

Hi,

I was wondering how to make phone calls while I am in Europe and Africa next month. I am interested in being able to make phone calls to businesses and cell phones in those countries, while there. I would also like to know how to make calls to the US, although that is really not necessary. I need to be able to contact businesses, restaurants, hotels, that kind of thing, as well as people I meet and travel with.

I know Skype has some way to do this, but not sure on the limitations on it. I would prefer to be able to use to native cellular network, but being able to make calls on wifi would be a decent compromise. I understand there are no SIM cards on the LG Ally, but is there some sort of way I can use prepaid phone cards while abroad, to make calls?

Thanks,

PS What are the Droid 2's and Droid 2 Globals capabilities, I am planning on switching to them soon

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would suggest talking to Verizon. They have plans you can use if traveling to other countries.

Any advice we give would be opinons and could wind up costing you a lot of money.
    Motorola Droid 4

^helpful.

I just need info about skype mobile really.

This title makes me want to write:

"A woman should be able to use the phone in the exact same way."

I resisted at first, I swear.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links