trapped dust

This is a discussion on trapped dust within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; So I attempted to install a new screen protector on my Ally and accidentally trapped a piece of dust on the screen. Will that hurt ...

Thread: trapped dust

So I attempted to install a new screen protector on my Ally and accidentally trapped a piece of dust on the screen. Will that hurt the screen? I'm not sure whether it'd be better to ditch the screen protector until I can get another one or leave it on there with a tiny piece of dust under it. It also (of course) has air bubbles under it. That's the first time I've ever tried to install a screen protector, but I really don't see any way I can put that on there correctly. It will always be off-kilter or with air bubbles. I'm just not that coordinated.

I did see the threads about leaving the screen cover off altogether, but I'm not convinced on that yet.

Thanks, Phyllis

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Seriously...you can go without the screen protector. I keep my phone in my pocket with my lighter and my keys and have yet to have a problem. I've had mine off since mid September and the screen is pristine.

Should you try again, use a firm piece of cardboard, like a folded business card. to "iron-on" the protector as you lay it down. You'll have far less bubbles.

My phone is also naked since mid August and I have had no problems. Did you see the gorilla glass demonstration yet? I have even purposely tapped my keys on the screen. My friends freaked. It is pretty cool to be naked in public.

Oh, and if keys have not hurt it I doubt dust would. Or, unless... It is not diamond dust, is it?

I've never used a screen protector either. I've dropped my phone multiple times, had in same pocket as keys, ipod. This screen in unscratchable !

Disclaimer: Most Ally screens are unscratchable. There have been a few who dropped their phones where the glass shattered. My theory is that not all the Ally's have Gorilla glass. I think there are some that were shipped without it due to production issues. Of course, that is just a theory.
    Motorola Droid 4

Okay, thanks all. I guess I'll stop stressing about it. A friend of mine will try to reapply the protector for me (apparently he's used to doing that). If it doesn't work, maybe I'll just leave it off. It's hard for me to trust that I won't hurt it though. I'm good at not dropping phones, but I also don't use a case inside my purse. I just never have the room for a case too (purse always crammed full). I'd be really distressed if I scratched the screen as I usually only upgrade my phone every 2 years (on one of these new-every-two plans).

@Qasar: No, unfortunately it wasn't diamond dust. :-D If it was, I wouldn't be worried about the screen as I could just afford new phones whenever I wanted.... :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links