text recipients

This is a discussion on text recipients within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; is there no way to get a drop down menu for sending a text to multiple recipients? really trying to remember who is in my ...

Thread: text recipients

is there no way to get a drop down menu for sending a text to multiple recipients? really trying to remember who is in my contact list off the top of my head makes forwarding texts so not worth it

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure on the stock app, but in Hancent if you look to the right of the contact input area, you will see a (+). If you tap that it will open a screen where you can add a group, choose from recent, or just go down and check off people from your contact list.

posted same question on the droid forum which i was on prior to this one (got the recommendation to visit here) right before youre response someone told me about chomp sms so i loaded it. not sure how happy i am with it but its something new i have to get used to i guess (just like my phone, even with all the bells and whistles i really miss the simplicity of texting from my old phone). anyway, any idea how hancent compares to chomp sms. is one better for the ally than the other?

I've never used chomp since handcent works well enough for me. I needed to be able to see animated gifs in texts which the stock app was unable to show. I'm sure someone here has used both and has an opinion, but know it is just that: an opinion. Try chomp for a few days, then try handcent for a few days and decide which features work best for you.

yeah i think thats what i'll do. FINALLY figured out how to turn off the stock notifications. of course if i didn't let my "ooh shiney" take over and had read the little thing that popped up explaining how to do it i would have been able to do it YESTERDAY!

Chomp probably does this as well, but handcent lets you customize the color and style of the text notification in the notification bar. I have different colors for different people and a generic looking one for everybody else. Ooh shiny!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links