battery suddenly not holding a charge?

This is a discussion on battery suddenly not holding a charge? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; so i've had my ally for about a month now. I 've read about people having problems with the battery not holding a charge and ...

Thread: battery suddenly not holding a charge?

so i've had my ally for about a month now. I 've read about people having problems with the battery not holding a charge and figured i must be doing something right because mine has been fine. If i just use it for regular stuff (ya know tons of texting) i have it last all day. have even gone all day playing games listening to the radio and accessing the internet and had it last almost all day. I usually plug it in at night and unplug it in the morning (its my alarm clock). So last night I plugged it in before I went to bed. woke up at 0600, unplugged it sent a few texts, sent a few more texts, went to the park didn't really take it out of my pocket cause it was too damn cold, got done at the park around 1000 noticed the battery was down to half. thought WTH is up with that,opened advanced task killer, killed off a few apps, but there werent many to kill, and went about my day. I do shift work and laid back down for my nap around 1330. phone was in the orange, so i plugged it in. woke up at 1600, unplugged phone sent a few texts . I have my phone in work with me, haven't used it for anything but a few texts and short phone calls and around 2200 i had to plug it back in because it was down in the orange. what is up??? I havent had any problems this whole time now I had to charge my phone TWICE in one day?? I could see if i was playing games surfing the web or something but i wasnt. it goes to sleep after 30 sec, i have advanced task killer i have great cell service (no dead spots). what the hell is up?????

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by erikamc View Post
    so i've had my ally for about a month now. I 've read about people having problems with the battery not holding a charge and figured i must be doing something right because mine has been fine. If i just use it for regular stuff (ya know tons of texting) i have it last all day. have even gone all day playing games listening to the radio and accessing the internet and had it last almost all day. I usually plug it in at night and unplug it in the morning (its my alarm clock). So last night I plugged it in before I went to bed. woke up at 0600, unplugged it sent a few texts, sent a few more texts, went to the park didn't really take it out of my pocket cause it was too damn cold, got done at the park around 1000 noticed the battery was down to half. thought WTH is up with that,opened advanced task killer, killed off a few apps, but there werent many to kill, and went about my day. I do shift work and laid back down for my nap around 1330. phone was in the orange, so i plugged it in. woke up at 1600, unplugged phone sent a few texts . I have my phone in work with me, haven't used it for anything but a few texts and short phone calls and around 2200 i had to plug it back in because it was down in the orange. what is up??? I havent had any problems this whole time now I had to charge my phone TWICE in one day?? I could see if i was playing games surfing the web or something but i wasnt. it goes to sleep after 30 sec, i have advanced task killer i have great cell service (no dead spots). what the hell is up?????

Funny...i've had similar problems the last few days or so...but i'm also getting other problems on my phone so i'm bringing it in to the Verizon store tonight or this weekend. I was having issues making calls yesterday too...wondering if something happened with the cellular networks, causing the battery issue.

Ads