Change from black menu theme to white?

This is a discussion on Change from black menu theme to white? within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I've only had this phone for 3 months now.. and I used to switch back and forth between the black and white themes regularly just ...

Thread: Change from black menu theme to white?

I've only had this phone for 3 months now.. and I used to switch back and forth between the black and white themes regularly just to give a different look to my phone.. but now, I cannot find the option to change this in 'settings' like I used to.. can anyone tell me where to find this option?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I don't know which black and white themes you mean. Do you mean Themes like the LG and Android default. They totally SUCK IMO.

Try other launchers. I use and like best LauncherPro. It allows 7 screens and a separate, scrollable, 3-screen dock. It also lets me rename icons when I long-touch on a home screen, Oh, and if I hang an App over the trashcan icon a few seconds it will ask if I want to delete that App. Wait. You can also get an unread count of texts, calls and e-mails in the dock.

Other launchers are available. I've read of Home++, AWD, Panda... AWD has theme add-ons (like if you want a Windows 7 look, or a Tron look..) , but anyway... Of the ones I have tried I am most happy with LauncherPro. Check them out. IMO they make the phone move faster. Oh, and one, I think it was called Go (??), allowed gestures, like to open the notifications you just motion up and make a hook downward (an arrow) in the middle of the screen.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Zeam is a pretty good launcher too.

+1 on Zeam. It's a great launcher.

+2 on Zeam. It's my favorite launcher because it's lightweight and easy on system resources.

Thanks for the responses guys.. but what I meant is the default menu theme that came with the phone. I already have LauncherPro (very happy with it) and Handcent..

In Handcent, if u go to ==>Settings ==> Custom Style --there is an option to change to a black or light application theme.. The default Android settings that came with the phone also had this option(and u could change all menus color schemes) but I cannot find where this setting is or it has been removed. I was wondering does anyone else still have this option or even know what I am referring to?

thx

I have never seen such a setting.
    Motorola Droid 4

I've seen that in Handcent but that is the only place I have seen it. Is what you are describing something that effects the black menus? Are you saying it changed the home screens? Then it would be LauncerPro related. ??

Ads