How to add Road Runner Account

This is a discussion on How to add Road Runner Account within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Has anyone been able to add their Road Runner e-mail account to their LG Ally? I have tried several times with no success. Is this ...

Thread: How to add Road Runner Account

Has anyone been able to add their Road Runner e-mail account to their LG Ally? I have tried several times with no success. Is this something I need to contact Road Runner in regards to POP3, IMAP, or Exchange account type?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer39 View Post
    Has anyone been able to add their Road Runner e-mail account to their LG Ally? I have tried several times with no success. Is this something I need to contact Road Runner in regards to POP3, IMAP, or Exchange account type?

I've had problems using the stock e-mail application. It times out if you don't clear out your inbox regularly. I've have better luck in K-9... However these are my settings.

Pop3 server: mail.roadrunner.com

Security Type: None

Port: 110

Smtp server: smpt-server.socal.rr.com

Security Type: None

Port: 587

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer39 View Post

Set it up as POP3/SMTP... I am not aware of any area offering IMAP.

POP3 - pop-server..rr.com

SMTP - smtp-server..rr.com

Where will be the area identifier in your email domain, normally something like somewhere.rr.com Like me@cfl.rr.com etc..

The big problem your likely to have is sending the mail out as last I checked RR's SMTP servers only accepted outbound connections from their network. Your likely to get 550 Relaying Denied errors. You can try to set up your account with "Security Enabled" and login using same user/pass as POP... Also may need to POP first then SMTP.

Note: roadrunner.com is the domain used for TW take over areas from areas who will be transitioned to either the RR.com network, or more likely to be sold off when the right bidder comes around.

I have K-9 and use imap for aol.

Davyes,

I tried it and it worked. Thanks. On antoher issue, I now have is that I keep getting multiple text messages (of the same message) as I downloaded Handcent SMS and would like to set it to just one text message service? Any ideas on how to do this?

Turn off your primary, stock Messaging App notifications in Settings > Sounds & display.

Ads