Turning off notification lights

This is a discussion on Turning off notification lights within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; Hello! I just got an Ally yesterday as a replacement for an Eris. After having to replace the Eris 4 times under warranty, I asked ...

Thread: Turning off notification lights

Hello! I just got an Ally yesterday as a replacement for an Eris. After having to replace the Eris 4 times under warranty, I asked to get a different phone & ended up with an Ally.

Please tell me how to turn the notification lights. I can't have a blinking phone at work and/or at night (I need to use it as an alarm clock). My husband was like, "OMG with the blinking." It annoyed me, too.

I'd prefer to not have to download an app to turn this off, but will if it's absolutely the only way to make it stop.

Thank you so much in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can't you just cover the light or put the phone face down with the light away from you? My phone is face-down all the time and I have no protection on the screen. It looks and acts perfectly. That Gorilla Glass is amazing!

Blinking indicates you have a notification waiting. Clearing your notifications should stop the blinking. If you are plugged in at night, you'll still have a solid red light if you are under 90% charged and a solid green light when you are over 90% charged. Incidentally, a solid green light while not charging also means a notification is waiting.

I guess I also don't keep the phone at eye level.

Even though you said you did not want an app for the blinking, maybe you would like an app that shuts things down at times you set. Check out this post: Can I set a time frame to not receive text & email alerts?

Oh, yea. Forgot to suggest, most Apps hold their own notification settings. Maybe something you are using can be adjusted to not share notifications through the status light.

Yeah, I could just leave it face down. It's the first phone I've had where you can't turn off the light, so it's just beyond weird to me that there's no option to turn it off. I just have to put up with it until I'm eligible for a new phone, I guess. It lights up the whole room & is just so annoying. I think I'll also just cover it with some black electrical tape. Thanks.

Lmao.

This was the first thing I didn't like about the Ally and I just flipped it over and got over it.

I also use it as an alarm clock and its better flipped anyways because the speaker's on the back.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links