Google Talk Help

This is a discussion on Google Talk Help within the LG Ally Help forums, part of the LG Ally category; I recently deleted my gmail account on my LG Ally. Then I did a hard reset. I made a new gmail. However, now google talk ...

Thread: Google Talk Help

I recently deleted my gmail account on my LG Ally. Then I did a hard reset. I made a new gmail. However, now google talk will not open. It just flashes and goes back to the home screen. Because gtalk will not open, I cannot use android market (I think that is why anyway). When I try to download from the market, it always says download unsuccessful. I read somewhere to clear the data and caches for gtalk. I did but still no good. Did I ruin my phone by doing a hard reset? I can still surf the web, I just can't use android market, and really, that's the reason I wanted an android phone. Please say that there is a simple way to fix this. Thank you for any help offered.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Google Talk and the Android Market aren't working because they don't recognize your Gmail account. Usually, a hard reset will fix this issue.

Try the suggestions in this thread for changing your Gmail password to see if it doesn't help: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/1538-gmail-password/

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Google Talk and the Android Market aren't working because they don't recognize your Gmail account. Usually, a hard reset will fix this issue.

Try the suggestions in this thread for changing your Gmail password to see if it doesn't help: http://www.lgallyfor...gmail-password/
    I did another hard reset. I did the same gmail but have the same results. No google talk...flashes then closes. Therefore, no downloads from google market.I really appeciated your suggestion and will try about anything. Do you think I need to set up a new password? I was not sure if the link you posted applied to me...but maybe it does. I will try that too. Thank you again.

I did another gmail account and reset my phone. It does not let me use it during the set up unless I disable restore, otherwise it says it can't establish a reliable data connecton to the server. Maybe that is the problem? If I create a new one I do not have to do that, but it still doesn't work. I'm afraid I am just going to have to suck it up and buy a new one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links